Hi.
I want to re-paint my pickguard but I've never taken off a pickguard before so my Dad wont let me as he said I'll have to take out all the wiring and then put it all back in again.
Is this true because I just thought it was there to protect the finish from nasty scratches?
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
if it's a strat, which is my guess. you wont have to take the electronics out, just off.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Sorry I forgot It's a standard Squier Strat
My setup:

VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
And what do you mean by take them off? (Sorry new to this)
My setup:

VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
next to all the electronics there are 2 screws. just unscrew those and you'll have the electronics out. paint the pickguard, than screw them back in again.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
you first have to take the strings off (well not really but it makes it way easier) and have new strings to put on after

then you have to pop off the knobs

then unscrew all the screws EXCEPT the pickup screws.

now the pickguard should come off, and the pickups should still be attached. Now unscrew the pickups and just leave them in the cavity. Leave all the wires attached to where they are

There might be a bunch of tinfoil inside. Leave that alone as well.

Just paint the pickguard however.

Do the opposite to put it back together. But put the knobs on right the first time.

WHen i painted my pickguard (pics in profile ) i put the knobs on wrong at the end and when i took the knob off to put it onto the right pot, the pot completely unthreaded. So now that ive put a new pot in it still doesnt make any noise other than static.

At least i have a nice decoration
oh, and the little nut on the pots needs to be taken off, take the knobs off with one of your thicker picks
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
What are pots? :S
My setup:

VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Quote by LankeyDwarf
What are pots? :S

the things the knobs are attached to.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
OK thanks. Look out for pictures in a week or so if I get the go ahead
My setup:

VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5