My Mac, basicly I got this mac about a year ago, thinking I could use it for a bit of fun with audio/video and whatnot. Its a G4 Quicksilver, and it was great and stuff for what i need it for, like 3/4 tracks with limited effects on cubase and it was sounding great.

My problem is that over the last 6 months I've got into audio work a lot more and obviously needed more tracks/effects/plugins ect and when i reach about 10 tracks each its starts to sorta not respond as quick as I can and when it play backs it skips, so basicly what i'm asking is, are there any programs which will take more tracks or are there any other methods to help with the usage?

Sorry if this makes no sense,
I will try and explain it better if anyone has any questions.

Thanks.
Make sure you are not running other programs at the same time.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Could be low processor speeds, which can't handle that much load. Or you could be running low on hard drive room. Or you could just need a ram upgrade. Try saving all files on an external drive and save often so the ram gets dumped and not being filled when it doesnt need to be, also try getting some more memory in that sucker.

What are the specs on your machine by the way?

Processor, RAM, Hard Drive, What software are you using etc.

Sorry just saw that your using cubase.
Quote by adyingpassion
Could be low processor speeds, which can't handle that much load. Or you could be running low on hard drive room. Or you could just need a ram upgrade. Try saving all files on an external drive and save often so the ram gets dumped and not being filled when it doesnt need to be, also try getting some more memory in that sucker.

What are the specs on your machine by the way?

Processor, RAM, Hard Drive, What software are you using etc.

Sorry just saw that your using cubase.

800Mhz, 640MB Ram, 40GBs and yeah Cubase SX

They're not amazing specs but I only use it for audio work and nothing else.
Quote by TheDriller
ya, those specs are pretty low. not enough RAM for one thing.

so just get more ram?
is there a maximum amount I can put in?
the processer isn't great either to be honest.
try putting in 2gb of ram. you'll probably need to upgrade the processor too, though i dont know much about changing parts in a mac.
A ram upgrade should suffice, though i can't say for sure.

You have a mac g4? (The silver tower)

I suppose theoretically, you could change the processor, but good luck finding a desktop ppc chip...