Page 1 of 3
I feel like it at the moment, i can seem to discuss anything vaguely intellectual politics, philosophy etc. anywhere apart from the internet. My friends would never talk about that sort of stuff, and i feel like i will never meet a girl who has some mildly similar characteristic to me at all.
All a bit pretentious i know but does anyone else feel like this?
inb4: fap your problems away etc.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Wait til you go to college/university. You'll be surrounded by similar people
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
No, I don't spend my time with idiots. Except drug dealers, but they aren't real people.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
So are you trying to say we aren't good enough for you? Is that what this is all about?
^ i said the internet, you guys count as the internet as well.
Im just being insecure really.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by Craigo
Things get better on college. Hell, I even notice my vocabulary got a lot better.

Quote by Domino

Why must you two turn this thread into a house of lies?

I didn't meet anyone clever at uni/college. But then again I did read art history mostly...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Hell, luckily my best friend is a genius. I'm a genius myself, but not as much as she is. I have about the same problem, just search for the smart folks.

Phew, seems like the smart ones actually got the short end of the stick.

Also, even when you're in college you'll most certainly have to make an effort in finding people with similar interests. Fortunately there is an abundance of clubs dedicated to an array of subjects: Philosophy, Politics, Languages, Math, Art.
Last edited by Paquijón at Feb 10, 2009,
Quote by hugh20
I feel like it at the moment, i can seem to discuss anything vaguely intellectual politics, philosophy etc. anywhere apart from the internet. My friends would never talk about that sort of stuff, and i feel like i will never meet a girl who has some mildly similar characteristic to me at all.

get stoned and retreat into a cacoon of denial and resent. it works for me.
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by Craigo
Things get better on college. Hell, I even notice my vocabulary got a lot better.

But not grammar?

But, no, I do not feel that way, because I have those kinds of discussions frequently with my friends.
In my neighborhood, I'm surrounded by socially/mentally handicapped people (with the exception of one)

The majority of my friends are actually pretty smart. A few of them genius level. I mean, I wouldn't discuss philosophy with them (I can't debate), but you know. If nothing else, they're really nice people. So I'm pretty content with the people I surround myself with.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by Craigo

Really?

I haven't noticed much of a difference. I talk to one grad student frequently and she's pretty smart, but for the most part I'm surrounded by Freshman who are essentially the same idiots that riddled my high school.
Quote by crazy8rgood
But not grammar?

But, no, I do not feel that way, because I have those kinds of discussions frequently with my friends.

Go look which keyboard button belongs to the left of the o one.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Really?

I haven't noticed much of a difference. I talk to one grad student frequently and she's pretty smart, but for the most part I'm surrounded by Freshman who are essentially the same idiots that riddled my high school.

If you find the right people, yeah. There's also less taboo on talking on certain things.
Quote by Kensai
Why must you two turn this thread into a house of lies?

I didn't meet anyone clever at uni/college. But then again I did read art history mostly...

I meant like-minded people ..
~Domino?

Musics
in time you will meet people who are intelligent and share your interests. and intelligent women do exist
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by Craigo
Go look which keyboard button belongs to the left of the o one.

that's also incorrect grammar.

edit: but i dont really care. i know what you're talkin about, and thats okay =D
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by hugh20

I really feel for you mate, the only person that I used to discuss politics/philosophy with was in the year above and he left for University. Its a little depressing that there is no one around that particurly shares my interests, I even make attempts with some people but either they're not interested or don't have a ****ing clue what I am on about.

Oh well, looking forward to Uni.
MASSIVE TEXT
Quote by Craigo
If you find the right people, yeah. There's also less taboo on talking on certain things.

Eh, I really only know the guys on my floor well. Most of my classes are huge lecture halls so I don't really meet anyone there. I suppose once I get in a smaller environment and some discussion can happen you're right.

Good lord these stereotypical frat guys are obnoxious though.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Good lord these stereotypical frat guys are obnoxious though.

they can be intimidating, but once you realise that they actually have more deeply rooted insecurities than you, it will be a hell of a lot easier to ignore them.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by LedZeppelin9345
they can be intimidating, but once you realise that they actually have more deeply rooted insecurities than you, it will be a hell of a lot easier to ignore them.

I'm not intimidated by them, we're civil with each other, it just doesn't go beyond saying what's up when we see each other. It's just their mannerisms that I find annoying.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'm not intimidated by them, we're civil with each other, it just doesn't go beyond saying what's up when we see each other. It's just their mannerisms that I find annoying.

i know what you mean. i guess you just have to put up with them and try and make your own happiness
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

move to canton me and a decent amount of people i hang out with would discuss stuff like that with you
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
3 friends and I always talk about deep subjects, the meaning of things, what if...., imagine...., lucid dreams, philosophy, psychology, sociology, neurology, etc...
those 3 friends and I also smoked pot for about 6 months daily, and stalked about those subjects stoned and it was fun. I haven't met a girl who is similar to us, they always talk about **** I really don't care about. Also, everyone else in our grade, when they try to enter our conversations, cannot say anything, just say some remark then leave. Just try to find some people are interested in the subject. Create a philosophy group for example, where anyone can come and discuss the subject.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by LedZeppelin9345
i know what you mean. i guess you just have to put up with them and try and make your own happiness

Yerp, it's been fine so far. I'm perfectly happy, it's just tough to get studying done.

I'll tell you what, you get a bunch of stoned dudes playing super smash brothers shit will go down.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Feb 10, 2009,
Quote by hugh20

I used to feel like that, but i'm at uni, so i live with similar people. Believe me you will meet a girl with similar interests, one of my ex's was too much of an intellectual ponse for my liking. If you feel like this read something that isn't the utter ****e other people read, read some Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, Chekov, Nietzsche, Sartre or Camus. I'd recommend Camus The Outsider, A Happy Death and The Myth of Sispyhus in particular as they are very thought provoking books. If you find that too basic read Sartre's Being and Nothingness, long and a drawl at times but ultimately worth it.
Quote by Domino
I meant like-minded people ..

Are joo calling me stoopid?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
this belief makes you stay inside your house, on UG which is wrong i guess... there are intelectually developed people out there. discuss it with your dad bro sis mum whoever from family... go out and meet people.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Domino

That's what I thought, but it's quite the opposite (where I go anyways). I've never met so many plugs in my life.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
I sometimes feel like this, though my close friends often get very philosophical when we really talk. But I can't say anyone I know has ever read Nietzsche, hell, I've never read him. The deepest I've ever read is Emerson.
Quote by Craigo

Mixing tenses in the second sentence.

Quote by Domino

It's not that much different to school.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths

It's not that much different to school.

Everyone keeps saying that! But if you study something....intelligent.. there will be intelligent people!
If you don't, don't get your hopes up
~Domino?

Musics
Page 1 of 3