Im a sevenstring richer and 1300$ poorer
It's modded with a black pickguard and an EMG 707 pup, and it plays metal/shred incredibly well through my Peavey XXX I also got the original mirror pickguard, pots and blaze pups in the trade, so I can return it to original anytime I want
It's made in '98, so it's amongst the first of the UV777bk's

EDIT: Sound/video clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvNcMhu4gHw&feature=channel

Pics as promised:

Enjoy
Last edited by xFilth at Feb 11, 2009,
Beautiful Guitar you got there! Wish I could get one like that. Happy NGD.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Sweeeeeeet!!!!
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
Great! Now join the 7-string Legion,
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I want to kill you.

Seriously, that guitar looks awesome!

Congrats, man!!!
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by aznrockerdude
Great! Now join the 7-string Legion,

Point taken
Ahh the light without heat pyramid, priceless.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by Austin_Scharosc
Ahh the light without heat pyramid, priceless.

It's the illuminati guitar! Every mason should have one, lol.

Seriously beautiful guitar man, congrats.
Did u cover the neck pickup???
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
i prefer them stock :P: but nice guitar none the less
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by CarbonDeath
Did u cover the neck pickup???

It has an EMG 707 fitted with a matching black pickguard, with only 1 pup-hole

I have the mirror guard and the original blaze pups though
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
A pickgaurd on a superstrat, that's new on me.

Cool looking guitar.

Ibanez has done since they started making the RG series...

RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
A pickgaurd on a superstrat, that's new on me.

Cool looking guitar.

Are you also surprised that the sun rises almost every day?

To the TS, beautiful. I think the black pickguard/707 to be really original...
That is sexy! I'm not to fond of the EMG, I've still got the DiMarzios in my JEM and love them (despite all the rants on the 555 I still love it like my baby).

Have fun with that man!

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Wow, that is a really big coincidence. When I bought my Universe four or five years ago my guitar came with this exact same setup. Black plastic pickguard, single EMG 707 in the bridge. It was horrible. The tonal options were so limited and it sounded so harsh. I ended up buying a new pickguard from Ibanez, and then I put the two Blaze pickups back in the neck/middle and I put a little hotter pickup in the bridge. I also added two push/pulls for splitting the neck and bridge pup. Mine is a '00 model though, got it for $900 which is lucky as hell.

Great purchase though, hopefully you will enjoy the guitar as much as I have mine over the years.

Here is what mine originally looked like:

And now it looks amazing-
Quote by hollow1928years
Wow, that is a really big coincidence. When I bought my Universe four or five years ago my guitar came with this exact same setup. Black plastic pickguard, single EMG 707 in the bridge. It was horrible. The tonal options were so limited and it sounded so harsh. I ended up buying a new pickguard from Ibanez, and then I put the two Blaze pickups back in the neck/middle and I put a little hotter pickup in the bridge. I also added two push/pulls for splitting the neck and bridge pup. Mine is a '00 model though, got it for $900 which is lucky as hell.

He still has the stock parts though...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Congrats man Sexy guitar for sure.
Pop in to say hello in the Legion sometime eh?
I read the description thinkin "I'd much prefer the stock parts" which, I would, but I didn't realise it'd also look nice how you have it!
Looks great, play it well.
If only I liked Ibanez, super strats, 7 strings, and active pickups, that would be awesome.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Need song recommendations!

Got Dream Theater, Meshuggah, Arcturus, Nevermore and Circus Maximus
[Melodic Death/Gothenburg][Goregrind/Grindcore (early), Melodic Death Metal (later)][Gothic Metal w/ alternative, doom and other influences][Technical Death Metal (early) / Deathcore (later)][Death/Grind][Sludge/Drone/Doom (early), Post-Hardcore (later)][Stoner/Doom Metal (new), Doom Metal (old)][Melodic Death/Gothenburg][Brutal Death Metal][Thrash Metal (early) Modern Rock (now)][Melodic Death Metal][Melodic Death Metal (early) / Modern Rock (Now)][Melodic Death Metal][Death Metal][Progressive Death Metal][Death Metal][Atmospheric Black (early), Avant-garde metal (later)][Doom/Death Metal (old), Gothic Rock/Metal (new)][Technical Grind / Death Metal][Doom Metal][Brutal Death Metal (early), Atmospheric Death Metal with electronic influences (later)][Industrial/Death Metal][Progressive metal][Gothic Metal][Thrash Metal (early) Modern Rock (now)][Brutal Death Metal][Symphonic Black Metal (early), Symphonic Extreme Metal (later)][Technical Brutal Death Metal][Progressive/jazz metal][Melodic Death Metal][Death Metal (early), Melodic Death Metal (later)][Death Metal, Melodic Death Metal][Power Metal][Melodic Death/Power Metal][Progressive/Groove Metal][Progressive Black Metal]

Plus any song in Standard E you know.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Sweet! Looks good with the black pickguard imo. I don't even have to ask how it plays
^ Nope

The EMG kills through my XXX as well. Awesome for playing Meshuggah and Dream Theater! Cleans, not so much more than okay
But can always switch to original setup, if I feel like blazing (bad pun intended) some more versatile stuff
This is...just beautiful.

I congratulate you

That's truly a jewel you have there, take care of her.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory