After hearing about the Timmy/Danelectro TO buzz, I went out and bought one. Honestly, I bought it hoping that it will become a collectors item. Boy, was I in for a suprise. Plugged it in and wow!!! I'm very impressed. As a OD pedal, it gives a nice fluid sustain. A tad on the dark side, which I like. I'm so impressed that I ordered a Timmy. Paul C. is one very nice fella. My Timmy should be here in about 4 months.
Why get both? I love the tone of the TO, but craftsmanship is a little iffy. The Timmy's are a tank, better parts. Plus they are dirt cheap for what you get.

The early 80's Ibanez SD9 has been sitting at my local shop for a while now. I figured that I'll pick it up. I'm bound to have an amp that it will sound good through. Well it was to raspy with my AC15 and Champion 600, but it was right at home with my 2205. The SD9, imagine a tubescreamer on 'roids. Very good for 80's rock and metal.

After getting the Dano TO, I got curious about the Cool Cat Fuzz. I guess this is a clone of the Frantone Peachfuzz? Which is a clone of the Muff? Anyone know for sure?

With my Strat(SSS) and Champion 600, its a wicked little fuzz pedal. Can do the sputtery/dead battery thing pretty good. I can also got a thick Muff sounding fuzz too. For under $30 and maybe a rehousing, could be a good pedal.

Same guitar and amp, with the Fat Boost 2. Using it with an 18 volt adapter, I've only used it as a slight boost so far. Stays very clean. I mean really clean. I do want to try it at 9 volts and aim for a dirty boost. I haven't a/b'ed it with any of my other boosts(LPB-1, Pro Tone Wide Thread, BOR(boost side), or any TS as a boost, yet. So far though, I think that it is better than the ones that I've listed. Fairly inexpensive, well worth the money.

Last edited by The Real Ming at Feb 10, 2009,
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Congrats.

Thanks, but thats not what I'm going for here.

With threads like these, my intentions are:
If anyone has any questions about the pedals.
If you have any of the pedals, share your experiences and/or settings.

I know that I didn't mention this, but I hope these threads turn into something positive and helps others out.

I'm really impressed with the Cool Cat pedals. I'll will try the rest of them too. Just goes to show, when it comes to musical gear, price doesn't matter. It is what it sounds like.

To be honest, I've never really played a bad pedal. Some are better than others. With enough time and tweaking, one can make anything sound good.
Last edited by The Real Ming at Feb 10, 2009,
I kinda want a Cool Cat fuzz, but I'm not so sure it'll do what I want.

But then again, it's cheap so
I basically use fuzz for two things, both of them being in rhythm applications.

Sludge metal and garage rock. It seems more like a fuzz face type of thing to me, which isn't what I want.
I would say its more of a Muff than a Fuzz Face. Word around town is that its a Frantone Peach Fuzz clone. The Frantone is a Muff clone. For $30, I'm sure you can find that in your couch cushions.
Nice, does the fulltone fatten things up or is it more on the neutral side?

Goolz, the cool cat didn't remind me of my fuzz face that I built, its smoother and sounds more like a distortion pedal (than a fuzz face, not saying it sounds like a distortion pedal) I'm not surprised it's a muff clone now that I hear about it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by The Real Ming
I would say its more of a Muff than a Fuzz Face. Word around town is that its a Frantone Peach Fuzz clone. The Frantone is a Muff clone. For $30, I'm sure you can find that in your couch cushions.

I thought the Peach Fuzz was a tonebender clone?

And the Cream Puff was the Muff style fuzz from Frantone?

Either way, I'm about to get a Tonebender (maybe), so we'll see.
I recently bought a cool cat drive. Figured for about 20 bucks, with true bypass, it was hard to go wrong. It's pretty good for giving a boost while adding a bit of dirt, but don't expect it to be a really transparent od or boost. For that, you'd definitely be better of with a t.o. or an lpb.