Well, I'm looking for an OD pedal as I'm going to be getting a new tube amp soon (dunno which yet, possibly a Valveking as I tried out both the VK and B-52 and I personally like the cleans, reverb, and just classic rock tone more on the VK). However, seeing as the VK is known more as a versatile amp than a metal amp (versatility is my thing ^.^), I'm looking for a reasonably priced OD with a lot of bang for the buck. I've been looking into both the Digitech Bad Monkey and the MXR Wylde Overdrive.

tl;dr I wanna get a good OD pedal that can easily push an amp into metal.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
I would reccomend the Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer they are very good, aswell as the Maxon-808 which is more pricy but better.
Bad monkey is the go to pedal for the valveking.. Great pedal and cheap cant go wrong....

I would put it up against any other pedal double or triple its price when it comes to tightening and metal..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Feb 10, 2009,
Well i could recommend you some better amps then the VK if you give me a budget....
and for OD look for a TS9, Boss SD-1, Maxon OD9 +.............
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
ive got the bad monkey, and personally i think its a bit noisy, but i think that might just be mine because i used the wrong adapter with it for the first week i had it and i think i fried something in it. sounds great though, i just have to roll the volume down on my guitar a little and the noise goes away
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Quote by wicket_nirvana
ive got the bad monkey, and personally i think its a bit noisy, but i think that might just be mine because i used the wrong adapter with it for the first week i had it and i think i fried something in it. sounds great though, i just have to roll the volume down on my guitar a little and the noise goes away

I have not noticed any extra noise at all.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
So the general consensus is that a Bad Monkey OD is the way to go?
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
As a boost yes! Can't beat it for the price.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by IbanezPsycho
+1

My vote is he fried something...

i figured as much. i dont get any noise when i use it with my clean channel. but i know its not a problem with my lead channel cause i only get a lot of noise when i turn on the OD
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus