Ok so I've been working on the main riffs for Arpeggios from hell by Malmsteen and I can play most of it at a decent speed except for this E harmonic minor lick. I need some advice on how I can play this part better.
-15-12----15s14-11----12-15-12----15s14-11----12-15-12----15s14-11-|
-------12----------12----------12----------12----------12----------|
-------------------------------------------------------------------|

---12-15-12----12-15-14-|
12----------12----------|
------------------------|

I was wonder what is an efficient fingering for this lick ? Also currently I am playing this downstroke, upstroke, upstroke. Should I be picking this a different way?

sorry if i posted this in the wrong section
I leik music
Quote by Freepower
Sounds like your method is fine TS, is there a particular thing about this lick that means you find it awkward?

I think my fingering might be the problem, maybe if I change my fingering it might help
Currently I'm playing it like this:
  4  2  2   4   1   2
-15-12----15s14-11----|
-------12----------12-|
----------------------|
----------------------|
----------------------|
----------------------|

Should I use a different fingering?
I leik music
Have you watched the video of him playing it on YouTube?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
4 - 1 - 1 - 4 s 4 - 1 - 2

I find that is the natural way to play it.
  4  1  1   4   1   2
-15p12----15s14p11----|
-------12----------12-|
----------------------|
----------------------|
----------------------|
----------------------|

That's it for me. And I think that's how Malmsteen plays it. Just pull off from the Gb to the Eb and the F to the D. That makes it alot easier for me.

EDIT: There's a slide from Gb to F in there? I thought it was just Gb-Eb-Bb then F-D-Bb?
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Feb 10, 2009,
Quote by DiminishedFifth
  4  1  1   4   1   2
-15p12----15s14p11----|
-------12----------12-|
----------------------|
----------------------|
----------------------|
----------------------|

That's it for me. And I think that's how Malmsteen plays it. Just pull off from the Gb to the Eb and the F to the D. That makes it alot easier for me.

EDIT: There's a slide from Gb to F in there? I thought it was just Gb-Eb-Bb then F-D-Bb?

Exellent, that way feels more natural to me, I'm going to keep playing it that way, hopefully I'll be able to get it up to speed. Time for a ****load of practice.

The slide from Gb to F is in the version 1 tab. The other versions and the Guitar pro just have the Gb-Eb-Bb, F-D-Bb.

Thanks everyone for the help!
I leik music
YOINK!

Just rehashing this thread with a new question rather than crack open a new one. I've been having a veeeeeery slow go at AFH for the last couple of weeks. I've just noticed two different versions on here play it differently.

I refer to to the two descending diminished runs in the main riff. It's lines 4 and 5 on each tab.

Ver 1: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/y/yngwie_malmsteen/arpeggios_from_hell_tab.htm his starts the run on A#, 18th fret of the e-string, then starts the second run a step down.

Ver 2: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/y/yngwie_malmsteen/arpeggios_from_hell_ver2_tab.htm starts the run on A, 17th fret of the e-string, and then again starts the second run a step down.

I hope you can see what I'm talking about! So should the dimished run start on the A or A#?
Quote by JohnnyLee82
It doesn't have a "tune." It's just an endless barrage of notes! :-p

Yes it has a tune, it is actually quite musical