I need to open up the back of my bass to get into the wires for some soldering but I can't get the little panel on the back to come off. Everything is unscrewed but the panel is stuck in there. Are there any good techniques to easily get it off?
You could get some strong tape (such as duct tape), tape a pencil to the back panel with one end of the pencil coming off the bass. Push down on the end of the pencil to pull the panel up.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
flip the bass over and give it a good tap, the plate should just fall off
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Neither of those worked (I thought for sure the tape would) It kinda looks like the left side of the panel is pushed in to far. Maybe it was screwed in to tight?

The back has only been taken off once before and it was my bass teacher who did it and it also took him forever to get off, though I can't remember exactly how he did it.

I guess I'll just have him do it at my next lesson, thanks for the help though and if anyone else has any ideas, please tell me.
Get a flat head screwdriver, and lever it out. I dont see how this is difficult.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Get a flat head screwdriver, and lever it out. I dont see how this is difficult.

I tried that too, it won't come out. Theres not enough room for the screwdriver to even fit.
Last edited by tap_3 at Feb 10, 2009,
^get the thinnest one you can find, otherwise you can gouge the bass by accident. Go careful and slowly and it should come loose.
a knife will be thinner than a screwdriver

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman
a knife will be thinner than a screwdriver

The knife worked, theres a tiny gouge where I slid it in but nothing horrible and its only noticable when you're really close to it , thanks for the help.

Mods can feel free to close the thread now...