I've been looking for some free bass guitar samples to use in my recordings (I'm a guitar player). With my program I can take just one note and create all the rest. Sadly, however, I can't really find very many at all.

Can anyone with a bass guitar be nice enough to record a few samples for me? Thanks, PM me if you can help with this. All I would need is one note held out (picked and fingerpicked samples welcomed)
My Gear:
Paul Reed Smith SE Paul Allender
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Damage Control Demonizer Distortion/Preamp
hey fellow texan. just about every person on this site has posted some bass tracks
in their profile(except me). perhaps you can sample something from those recordings. just a thought. good luck.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
hey fellow texan. just about every person on this site has posted some bass tracks
in their profile(except me). perhaps you can sample something from those recordings. just a thought. good luck.

Haha. I wouldn't want to use anything without anyone's permission, and I really need a note held out for maybe 5+ seconds so that I can use it for any note length I need (long or short).
My Gear:
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Quote by insatyrguitar
Haha. I wouldn't want to use anything without anyone's permission, and I really need a note held out for maybe 5+ seconds so that I can use it for any note length I need (long or short).

go to the Guitar Center with a small recording device and do it there.

they don't care where I live.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I has bass. And you are a fellow Texan. What range do you need? And do I record a whole bunch of small mp3s or one long one that you can sample from?
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Thanks both of you, those are both genius!
My Gear:
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Quote by Primus2112
I has bass. And you are a fellow Texan. What range do you need? And do I record a whole bunch of small mp3s or one long one that you can sample from?

I ****ing love Texans and their hospitality.

I would just need maybe one long sample (and tell me what note you played). If you want to be extra nice you can record using different mics/amps/basses and record some with fingers and some with a pick.

Just email them to chimaira08@hotmail.com . Thanks again.
My Gear:
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
There needs to be a UG Texas meetup.

I'd have to record a bunch of small ones if you want diiferent sounds, but I could do it. If that's okay.
Its all fine with me, I wont be dissapointed either way. Where in Texas art thou from?
My Gear:
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Around Ft. Worth.

I'll get on the samples tomorrow, or this weekend if I can't do it tomorrow.
If you like the recordings in my profile, we're looking for a bassist. Probably won't be your thing, but might as well try
My Gear:
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
I ****ing love Southerners and their hospitality.

I've never seen one Southerner not try and help another out if one of us needed it.
@ TS: No, I'm quite sorry, my mother is super overly protective.
(go texas, maybe not as much my part though =\)
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Hey, TS. I'm sorry about the samples, but I've been really busy. Is there a deadline, or a certain time you need them?
No deadline. It's quite understandable, physics has taken over my life recently

I did get the time to record a new song this weekend though Check it out on my profile?
My Gear:
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Quote by telecastrmastr
well, you could get me, i'm free, and i play bass.

That would involve sending you Guitar Pro files of every song I want to record, and then waiting for you to learn and send me back the bass tracks.

That's just too much hassle for both of us.
My Gear:
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Quote by insatyrguitar
No deadline. It's quite understandable, physics has taken over my life recently

I did get the time to record a new song this weekend though Check it out on my profile?

Okay. Thanks for understanding.

Yes, I will do that.

And I would like to ask you, is the Paul Allendar PRS worth the price?
For me its a great buy. I hate CoF but I bought it because I loved the way it sounded and played, and found it gorgeous. It's very versatile, and I was getting into non-metal music at the time (Ayreon, mellow Opeth). I haven't really found anything I don't like about it, although in the future I plan to upgrade the pickups (maybe SD Blackouts? not sure yet) and possibly tuners.
My Gear:
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Quote by insatyrguitar
That would involve sending you Guitar Pro files of every song I want to record, and then waiting for you to learn and send me back the bass tracks.

That's just too much hassle for both of us.

i meant i could mail myself to your house.
Try adding more delay.
Quote by telecastrmastr
i meant i could mail myself to your house.

Silly me, why didn't I think of that?! :O
My Gear:
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Hey, I apologize, but I have alot of projects going on, including a few internet deals.

It looks like you'll have to find someone else. Or you could do the old octave down trick.