Can anyone suggest me some songs that are good for beginners, preferably classic rock songs, thanks
The Beatles(Try 'Revolution'), Nirvana, or you can go with the classic beginner songs like Smoke On The Water by deep purple.
How are Avenged Sevefold songs? I was looking at the tabs and a lot of them "look" really basic...
A7X isnt basic, my friends been playing like a year and a half or two and can barely play some of their stuff. Apple blossom minus the solo by the white stripes is easy.
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
AC/DC most of their songs are just three chord rock songs so they're pretty easy for any beginner.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Green Day!! I know their not classic but they are very easy and good for beginners. Also try Blink-182, their songs are a bit harder, but not by much.
Try -
Polly (Nirvana)
Dammit (Blink-182)
Hitchin' a Ride (Green Day)
When I Come Around (Green Day)
Teenage Dirtbag (Wheatus)
AC-DC (Any Song)
Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple)
La Grange (ZZ Top)
Blitzkrieg Bop (Ramones)
Anarchy in the UK (Sex Pistols)
Quote by jcboomer
AC/DC most of their songs are just three chord rock songs so they're pretty easy for any beginner.

+100, power chords, open chords and the minor pentatonic scale - how can you lose?? TS how much can you already play btw?
If you want to learn a whole song, just go for any that don't have a solo in them, or have one that has a slow tempo. But if you're not bothered about whole songs, go for anything by White Stripes.
Fender US Standard Strat '07
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
AC/DC ~ ThunderStruck is a good song to improve/practice your Hammer-ons and Pull-offs.

Also, try Kansas ~ Carry on My Wayward Son.
a bit more advanced, though.

The intro solo sounds hard, but once you break it down, nice and slow, it's easy. But, it's your choice.
Last edited by Aznargo at Feb 14, 2009,