Anyone here help me figure out Devys delay sound he uses on his solo projects, or when he was with DTB? I'm currently using a Boss Metal Zone MT-2, a Boss DD-3 Delay, and a Boss BF-3 Flanger.
I suggest you get a new amp...

...But check out the Ultimate Settings Thread, they might have some settings there.
He has a layered delay system, and uses lots of differant presets just as one, all set at differant millisecond rates, as he pairs 2 Mesa Boogie heads with some freakish rack system he has going. You're definantly not gonna get close to some of the delay things he has with those pedals sadly, but I say look into a multi-delay unit to layer differant repeat times and mix settings all for one sound, as I don't think you can with a DD-3.
Also, a new amp will help a lot more than using a metalzone pedal, so I doing that before hand for sure.
Ya, ya I know my amps suck but it's all I got. Plus I'm in a wood industry town so no money or music stores at all. I've seen his monster rig, it's pretty sweet. Anyways not anything close? I'm thinkin somewheres about "Truth".
First you need 2 heads and a rack setup and several delays to create a w/d/w setup...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
i love devs setup. Killer tone aside, its a really creative setup which can't really be touched by conventional means.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
hook the delay up before the flanger so that your delayed signal gets the modulation, not your normal signal. devy does this for sure. thats how he gets his swirly echoes.