Don't go too fast... can you guess what it is?

Need another hint?

That's right!

And a shot of both my (good) guitars

I freaking LOVE this thing, and I've been longing for it, for 2 years! It feels so good to finally get it. I love the sound, and especially the middle pickup, it's got such an interesting tone when played alone with the gain real low.

I've already had strap locks installed, and I'm gonna order myself this strap http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Franklin-Strap-2.5-Black-Suede-Guitar-Strap-with-Silver-Stitching?sku=360758

I'm also gonna order some DR Pure Blues, my favorite strings, but I don't know what gauge to get. What normally comes on Ibanez/PGM301's? I'd guess 9's, but I've no idea what Gilbert plays.

By the way, the guitar was just $1201 after tax, from Sam Ash, and I got to play it before deciding I wanted it (it was a special order from another store), and the guy adjusted the truss rod for me, checked on the pickup height, and installed the strap locks for free, which was nice. Guitar is, amazingly, in perfect condition. Absolutely perfect.

I love it!

(Oh, and, the pictures looked a lot better before I resized them. Originals were like 3MB each on average)
+ an insanely large number!

Great choice my friend,that is a very fine instrument.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Almost as cool as mine :P

paul uses Ernie ball RPS Gauge 9 on his PGM's and 10's on his Fireman

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/12158/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base

It's an exceptional guitar, happy NGD!

p.s - Nice toilet roll
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
that is a nice ass guitar. good choice
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Very, very nice.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I have a Larrivee too! Awesome guitars!

Haha, I love the PGM, shred some for me man!

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Sweet guitar.
The fake F holes really bother me, but I bet she plays great.
And that's what matters.
Quote by sharpant
Almost as cool as mine :P

paul uses Ernie ball RPS Gauge 9 on his PGM's and 10's on his Fireman

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/12158/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base

It's an exceptional guitar, happy NGD!

p.s - Nice toilet roll

Dang, yours is cool! I've sort of contemplated in my head whether or not I'd get mine signed too if I could. I think I would. I just have to wait for him to come to NC!

Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
I have a Larrivee too! Awesome guitars!

Haha, I love the PGM, shred some for me man!

Larrivees ARE incredible! I freakin' love the neck on them too, they're the best acoustic neck for me. (I assume Larrivee necks are all the same)

And thanks everyone for the kind words
Last edited by I Poke Badgers at Feb 10, 2009,
I'd only get it signed it you'd be willing to get it professionally sealed

Mine is sealed for life

Best £200 i ever spent
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Nice guitar, I love PG, and I shred on my DY RG550, so even If I don't have a PG sig I still have something close! But yeah, I saw the first picture, and I was like ITS AN IBANEZ!!! Second picture, ITS A PAUL GILBERT! WHOOO ahaha
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
haha how's my rig for you milkyman?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Beautiful guitar, treat her well u lucky sob , and awesome carpet!
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Awesome, the maple looks gorgeous.

Quote by sharpant
haha how's my rig for you milkyman?

Pull your finger out your arse and stop hijacking the thread, seriously. This isn't about you.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^ Hahah me too with the TP roll propping up the neck?
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by milkmanv1

yeah its like something comming out of the bible
im not a particular big fan of that guitar. but seeing those pictures made me a like em a bit more that what i did.

i kinda wanna play one now!

TO GUITAR CENTER.

crap, its closed.
Quote by kckyle
Quote by milkmanv1

yeah its like something comming out of the bible

Haha yeah, I had nothing better to use... guess I could have used socks. The TP was right there though.

Don't get the bit about it coming out of the Bible though? Makes me think though, "Hey, I could have used my Bible to prop it up maybe, would have looked cool".

The rug by the way, probably cost more than the guitar. My dad sells handmade rugs, mostly of the antique Persian variety (he's Persian, I'm half), and so subsequently we have a handmade rug of some sort in basically every room of the house. My rug of choice I don't think is Persian though, probably a modern Pakistan handmade rug based off of Persian designs, but I dunno, it no longer has the tag on it. I'll ask though, just for my own curiosity. I love it though. It used to be in another room like 4 houses ago, but when we moved I got it put it my room (when we moved, we no longer had an office, which is where the rug had been, so it was roomless).

Quote by SunDrop
im not a particular big fan of that guitar. but seeing those pictures made me a like em a bit more that what i did.

i kinda wanna play one now!

TO GUITAR CENTER.

crap, its closed.

Good luck finding one if you seriously do go look dude. They're discontinued now, so they may be hard to come by I can't blame Paul though, the 401 is an awesome guitar... would be better if it had neck binding though, I think...

I know they have a PGM301 at the Sam Ash in Hollywood, and one at a Sam Ash in I think Philadelphia. When I ordered it, that's where the guy told me they had some left in the system, however we got mine from Florida because he felt it would be our best bet for something in really good condition. And he was right