I did a kit from BYOguitar.com... and I have mentioned this site to anyone that wants to build a kit. I got the RG kit and it was solid. Liked the wood so much i just threw some poly on it and called it done. Their customer service is also top notch. I was missing a few screws and other small items, emailed them, and within a few hours got a response back that they were shipping the parts to me. Sorry to sound like an add i really don't work for em.
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
I've heard terrible things about them, apparently their neck pockets are often routed crooked, and their hardware is worse than if you were to tie the strings to the wood.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by Kolanski
I did a kit from BYOguitar.com... and I have mentioned this site to anyone that wants to build a kit. I got the RG kit and it was solid. Liked the wood so much i just threw some poly on it and called it done. Their customer service is also top notch. I was missing a few screws and other small items, emailed them, and within a few hours got a response back that they were shipping the parts to me. Sorry to sound like an add i really don't work for em.

thats the exact kit im looking to buy. they just got more of them. is the floyd any good, or should i put a gotoh on.
i'd suggest buying carvin kit, making a warmoth, or, the best option, build it your self
Quote by telemetal
i'd suggest buying carvin kit, making a warmoth, or, the best option, build it your self

+1, Carvin/Warmoth make top notch stuff.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
+1, Carvin/Warmoth make top notch stuff.

Yeah but its friggin expensive for a first build
carvin or warmoth is 3x+ the price, people really need to stop suggesting stuff when the user is clearly asking about a lower priced item. It's like someone asking about a 200 Guitar and people suggesting 3k les pauls and prs's.
Quote by telemetal

i wanted to build one myself but i dont have a router
also carvin an warmoth are way too expensive
i got a saga les paul kit last year and i think it was worth the money i paid for it. the pickups sound ok but im upgrading to some news ones hopefully in a few days and i would say get one if you like the look of it, but im not sure on the other models in the range.
Quote by thenextexh
ummm... well i just wanted to know if those saga guitar kits are worth a ****.

They are worth the $100 bucks or so you pay for them. I know a guy that sells them and he has built quite a few himself and you can get great looking guitars and even decent playing ones if you buy some quality extra replacement items (tuners, pick ups, bridge etc.) and use good paint.

Things go awry when people expect miracles. If you want a great guitar buy Warmoth parts (and be prepared to spend 10 times more). If you've never built a guitar (from parts) and want a fun project, spend the $100.
I would be interested in the general quality of the body and neck. What I would like to do is get something like a BYO kit, and then custom paint it and put high end hardware on it. Kind of like a poor man's Gibson. They use mahogany on the body and neck and rosewood on the fretboard, but I'm just concerned with the build quality. Any thoughts?
Please don't bump dead threads.;

it's called necrobumping.

this would go in the Ask Small Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread thread.

Reported for close
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.