I was thinking about an Air Classic neck and a PAF 36th anniversary in the bridge (to help cover jazz and classic rock requirements, respectively; both with nickel covers). Would it be worth it to replace the pickups in a hollowbody guitar? It's the AF75, btw.

EDIT: In case y'all didn't put two and two together, stock Ibanez pickups are absolute re-fried SH1T3, and hollowbodies are difficult to work with the electronics on due to the fact of: NO access other than through the F holes. Hence my question.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Feb 10, 2009,
Thats up to you if its worth it. I'd do some tweaking on the stock pups(ACH's?) first. Alot of times, simply adjusting the pole pieces and height can make a world of difference with a pickup. Since it is such a pain in the ass to swap on a hollow, do it right and swap out the "dime" pots, wiring and caps for better parts as well.
I'd probably go that route too if I was gonna replace the pickups

I found the height my pickups don't rattle at (xD), how would I adjust the pole pieces? With the screw heads on the covers? My main issue is muddiness on the neck pickup, and I figured if I was gonna replace it (which is the first thing I thought to do), I might as well replace the other too.

Thanks for the help

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

The pole pieces are the screws under each string. Adjusting them to match the radius of the bridge should help tame the muddiness. The ACH's, if that's what the AF's have, are known to sound muddy out of the box, but actually clean up pretty well with some adjustments.
K, wasn't quite sure if I should be screwing around ( ) with the pole pieces or not

Thanks a lot! I'll try it and bump this if it doesn't help any

Oh! Should I avoid using a magnetic screwdriver, since the pickups themselves are magnetic? Or does that interference thing only have to do with computer storage and stuff that has data that can be erased?

Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Feb 10, 2009,
Hollowbodys are a royal pain to rewire, just do the polepieces, and if that doesn't do enough, replace the whole harness. wire it all up outside the guitar ( give yourself extra room) then install it in your guitar.
I think the artcore is a good guitar, but the electronics aren't great. good choice!
Epiphone Valve Junior
Peavy Windsor Head
Ampeg J-12T
1959 Harmony H400A
Randall Pro-Tube 2000

Gibson Faded Special SG
Homemade superstrat with EMG 81
Peavy Tracer
Washburn XB600 6-string bass
Enough pedals to crush a rhino
I think the pole pieces will work for me I figured as much about the rewiring process. Thanks though!

Stupid name.