Well the Crate V33 is known for it's huge bass, and I'd like to smooth it out abit.

The specs say:
2x12" 50W, 16 ohm (2 in parallel = 8 ohm), ceramic magnet.

I was thinking of a Warehouse speakers, either the Veteran 30 or ET65 (maybe one of each). A quick question though, the amp is rated for 33 watts, so I'd need a 35W + speaker, right? The specs say they are 50 watts though? Sounds obvious, but I've never done this before.

It's a 212 also.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
Last edited by Mr.Camo at Feb 10, 2009,
30watts would be plenty. The vox AC30 (the amp that one is loosely based on) uses two 15 watt speakers with no troubles at all.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
You'll need at least a 50w speaker. You need to have approx. double the wattage of the amp in speaker wattage to be safe.
Quote by Mike!
You'll need at least a 50w speaker. You need to have approx. double the wattage of the amp in speaker wattage to be safe.

No... Speakers are rated conservatively, they can handle roughly 150% of their rating before blowing. Speaker companies know how amp companies rate the wattage on their amps and rate their speakers accordingly.
Quote by Kevin Saale
No... Speakers are rated conservatively, they can handle roughly 150% of their rating before blowing. Speaker companies know how amp companies rate the wattage on their amps and rate their speakers accordingly.

Sorry, I misread. I thought that he needed one speaker.

In that case, two 20-25 watt speakers would suffice.
can you plug a guitar amp into hifi speakers? will it break them or sound bad even if the wattage is right?
Alright thanks guys, so I'd need two in 8 ohms impedance correct?
Quote by Mike!
Sorry, I misread. I thought that he needed one speaker.

In that case, two 20-25 watt speakers would suffice.

He could get one speaker rated for 30 watts and be fine too though, if he got two speakers he would only need them be rated at 15 watts.

No, if you get two you'll need them to be 16 ohms. Two 16 ohm speakers wired in parallel (how yours are now) give you an 8 ohm load.
Alright, I got confused.

Thanks Kevin and and Mike! it's appreciated.