rotating in my hand. I WONT HAVE THIS. Yes, I would simply just hold it harder, but the harder I grip the plectrum, the more sloppy I get. What would you recommend other than to practice more?
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Quote by Echoplex
Use a pick with a grip.

This.
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
just ask her to touch her toes naked....shell never expect whats next
Quote by Casketcreep
-Learn to hold it properly.
-Use your fingers.

I would use my fingers, but I am making a transition to pick for the tone it gives me in my band =\

And, Is there a proper way to hold it? Shouldnt you hold it how it feels best? if theres a correct way, diagram pl0x?
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Quote by PluckU
I would use my fingers, but I am making a transition to pick for the tone it gives me in my band =\

And, Is there a proper way to hold it? Shouldnt you hold it how it feels best? if theres a correct way, diagram pl0x?

Crank your mids, boost your highs a bit more, and slack JUST a hair on your bass, and use a more aggressive fingering style (I did it for the lulz, and I mean it, gtfo) and you'll get essentially the exact same sound as far as you band mates will care.
Quote by PluckU

I agree with whatever feels best.

Thinking about the way I play it though, I point it in the direction my fingers are going, and pick at like a 45 degree angle from the strings.

I only ever pick for punk.
I used to keep a pick on me(or in my mouth) on stage years ago because by the end of the set my fingers would be completly dead and I couldn't keep up with the faster riffs.
Now my fingers have a good bit of muscle in them from too many nights in with the strings.
i tend to grip a pick with my thunb index and middle finger otherwise i get the rotating thing too. but i almost never use a pick. try some that aren't so smooth or have a grippy part.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
take rough sand paper to the sides.

or softly jab it with a knife.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Casketcreep
I agree with whatever feels best.

Thinking about the way I play it though, I point it in the direction my fingers are going, and pick at like a 45 degree angle from the strings.

I only ever pick for punk.
I used to keep a pick on me(or in my mouth) on stage years ago because by the end of the set my fingers would be completly dead and I couldn't keep up with the faster riffs.
Now my fingers have a good bit of muscle in them from too many nights in with the strings.

make sure you maintain and train the finger strength regularly
when I went into drumming I didn't play bass for a while - which resulted in a HUGE loss of speed and stamina

I was able to play Damage Inc. and fight fire with fire several times at a row without getting tired...

Now I won't even handle battery
Yeah, I was a huge metallica fan back then.
You like it
What kind of pick is it? I find the solid plastic kinds IE tortex and them cheapy perloid looking ones tend to slip out of my hand. Although if you put scores with a knife and/or small blobs of super glue they work sligthly better.

That said, when I use dunlop nylon picks they don't slip at all.

Best thing to do would be to buy a bunch of different picks made out of different materials and find one which works best for you.
Use the pick you like - you don't need a special pick. In fact, I'd personally advise against it because you aren't solving the real problem, which is how you hold your pick.

Examine the way you pick. The solution isn't necessarily gripping the pick harder (in fact, gripping too hard can open up a whole new list of problems), but picking lighter and examining the angle at which your pick attacks the strings. If the pick is spinning between your fingers, it's probably a combination of the two.

Slow yourself down and examine your pick hand technique. Picking more softly while still getting a good tone will enhance your efficency, and correcting the angle of your pick will result in a cleaner tone with less "scratchy" pick scrapes.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Tortex triangle pick? Tortex is niice... and really a pick will still work on its side
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?