Three different occasions have I posted something in the pit, told to go post it in the whatever thread, Bodybuilding, Ipod, etc., and on those three occasions I haven't gotten answers over weeks at a time, even after repeating myself in those said threads.

So when I figure the best place to ask after that is the pit again, why am I told to go back the threads? Can't you just answer the question? If I had the answer to someone's Ipod question, I'm not gonna go LOOKING for that question in that thread. I go to that thread to ask questions, not to answer them. I answer questions people have in the pit. Seems to me these threads are just packed with Q's and no A's.

Just because somebody created the thread doesn't mean I have to contribute to it.

And since there will be a lot of bizarre and unnecessary comments in THIS thread, especially after the last line. So save your energy, because I don't want to read it.

/rant
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
I totally agree, if people just posted a thread asking the question, someone answered it, than that'd be it. These 'ONLY' threads are stupid, no one will wade through pages and pages of bull**** to find a question only to realize it's never been answered.
I think The Relationship thread begs to differ.
OPINIONATED STATEMENT

Meaningful Song Lyrics
Inside my signature
Make me look deep
And misunderstood

Quote by Pannenkoeken
Out of context hilarious quote!

Quote by Pannenkoeken
Out of context compliment!

My Gear:
Awesome Shit
Cool Shit
Shitty Shit

yeah we know, there are a couple of threads like that that work, but most of them don't
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i agree we should destroy these only threads
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
All that bothers me is when someone wants the thread to die because there's another thread it can be filed under. That's for the mods to decide, hopefully they can decide whether or not the purposes or similar or the same.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
The sex thread works and the vast majority of questions are answered.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
The only ONLY thread that doesn't work well is the gaming thread, everybody knows that.
Quote by Zida
Take it to THE ONLY ONLY THREADS SUCK THREAD.

this.

actually, i agree with the TS. some ____ threads are useful, others... not so much. it depends on the question also. lastly, this thread isnt worthless, and it isnt cool to say so. /rant
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
the "only" threads seem to work best for broad issues. the only sex thread. the only relationship thread. the only politics thread.

but when you start just making "only" threads for anything that gets more than a few mentions per week, you start getting redundancies. something like "gaming" is too big a topic to be in one thread. same with threads involving tech-support for various products, or anything where every post would end up being a specific question.
Quote by Jimmer1720
Three different occasions have I posted something in the pit, told to go post it in the whatever thread, Bodybuilding, Ipod, etc., and on those three occasions I haven't gotten answers over weeks at a time, even after repeating myself in those said threads.

So when I figure the best place to ask after that is the pit again, why am I told to go back the threads? Can't you just answer the question? If I had the answer to someone's Ipod question, I'm not gonna go LOOKING for that question in that thread. I go to that thread to ask questions, not to answer them. I answer questions people have in the pit. Seems to me these threads are just packed with Q's and no A's.

Just because somebody created the thread doesn't mean I have to contribute to it.

And since there will be a lot of bizarre and unnecessary comments in THIS thread, especially after the last line. So save your energy, because I don't want to read it.

/rant

And you have the nerve to wonder why nobody immediately drops their **** to answer your stupid question that you could have instead taken eight seconds and looked up the answer to yourself? Nobody wants to answer questions that are asked a million times over, and, word to the wise, you're not so amazing that you're the first person to ever ask that particular question. And what have you contributed? Absolutely nothing, so why should anyone help you?

My advice to you is to put on your grownup pants, get off your lazy ass and find out what you need yourself and shut the hell up. I know the concept of doing your own fucking work in this day and age is pretty much a foreign one, but, hey. Let's give it a try next time.

*reported*
You're*