I've been looking into an Ibanez RG Prestige lately.

I haven't tried the RG Prestige's yet.
But I've tried the S (and SV) Prestige, and I found the necks to be amazing.
I was thinking about getting an S series, but I really just wanted it for it's neck.
So why not shoot for a cheaper RG Prestige?

Now, my question for anybody that has compared Prestige models is,
Would you say the necks on the RG's feel kinda close to the ones on the S series?

And whats the difference between the regular "Wizard Prestige" and "Super Wizard Prestige"?

I'm shooting between
RG2550MZ
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Prestige-Series-RG2550Z-Electric-Guitar?sku=515738
RG1570
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=519965

I think both have the regular "Wizard Prestige" necks
They changed the necks. The newer S's have Wizards, the ones from last year had Wizard II's. I believe the Wizard II is thinner than the Wizard. The Superwizard is 1mm thinner than the Wizard. I couldn't really feel differences between the necks. I played the original 1987 Wizard on the RG770DX and the Wizard II on an S (the one with the Bubinga top). Now I have a RG2550Z. I can feel the differences between the necks but they're negligible.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Feb 10, 2009,
I'm pretty sure they use the same necks, just different bodies/trems/pups etc.

If you liked the S you'll like the RG. By the way i've been hearing some things about the Edge Zero being not-so-great. I can't confirm anything but i've seen a couple threads about people having trouble after restringing and such.

I think the super wizard is a newer profile but i can't recall the spec differences.
The wizard II is thicker than the prestige wizard and the super wizard (which is the thinest of the three).
Quote by JELIFISH19
They changed the necks. The newer S's have Wizards, the ones from last year had Wizard II's. I believe the Wizard II is thinner than the Wizard. The Superwizard is 1mm thinner than the Wizard. I couldn't really feel differences between the necks. I played the original 1987 Wizard on the RG770DX and the Wizard II on an S (the one with the Bubinga top). Now I have a RG2550Z. I can feel the differences between the necks but they're negligible.

Well yes, the sub-prestige S series have Wizard II's
(Which I'm not to huge of a fan of.)
But I was talking about the S Prestige and SV Prestige.

and I did get the feeling the Prestiges all shared the same feel.
Considering Ibanez rapes the same Wizard II on anything other than prestiges.
Quote by huevos
Well yes, the sub-prestige S series have Wizard II's
(Which I'm not to huge of a fan of.)
But I was talking about the S Prestige and SV Prestige.

and I did get the feeling the Prestiges all shared the same feel.
Considering Ibanez rapes the same Wizard II on anything other than prestiges.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S2170SE-Electric-Guitar?sku=512500
Wizard II
All the 22 fretted S's last year had Wizard IIs. So if it had 22 frets, you were playing a Wizard II. If it was 24, it was a Wizard.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Feb 10, 2009,
most(if not all) non-prestige RG and S models have a Wizard II (19mm). the less expensive prestige models(RG1570,RG1550, ect) have the Prestige Neck(18mm). The Super Wizard(17mm) is basically an Original Wizard Neck(also 17mm). it goes on the top of the line Prestige models like the RGT320z an such.

if you want a RG1570 i have one for sale for sale. just look in the Gear Ads section for my thread
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo