Anyone know where I can find a combination bridge/tailpiece? Tunematic style, I could have sworn this PRS I saw today had one, but I don't see one on Allparts. Any brand/model would be great.

Also, is there really any noticeable difference in quality between a $30 bridge and a $130 bridge?
Last edited by My Porsche at Feb 10, 2009,
Also, does anyone know what diameter hole I need to drill for the volume and tone pots?
Quote by My Porsche
Anyone know where I can find a combination bridge/tailpiece? Tunematic style, I could have sworn this PRS I saw today had one, but I don't see one on Allparts. Any brand/model would be great.

Also, is there really any noticeable difference in quality between a $30 bridge and a $130 bridge?

yes, there is a HUGE difference in quality between a $30 knock off bridge and a $130 authentic, brand name bridge. Or at least there is most of the time.
Quote by Schism1985
yes, there is a HUGE difference in quality between a $30 knock off bridge and a $130 authentic, brand name bridge. Or at least there is most of the time.

What would that be? Just durability, or does it affect tone?

Also there doesn't seem to be much between $40 and $100 so I guess it's either brand name or knock off, no real middle ground.
they would be made from different metals so yes it will affect tone as well as sustain
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
If you can afford it, get the brand name one. It'll last longer, things won't rust, the metal will be high quality, and the plating won't wear off
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
Quote by My Porsche
What would that be? Just durability, or does it affect tone?

Also there doesn't seem to be much between $40 and $100 so I guess it's either brand name or knock off, no real middle ground.

really everything. tone, overall quality, durability etc.

for instance, a crappy licensed floyd rose could never compare with an original.
Sweet. Is there anywhere cheaper than Allparts for the same stuff?

I was under the impression they were pretty cheap but everything appears to be pretty expensive, I mean some of what I've seen Musician's Friend has for less, should I just spread my order out over a few companies?
There are several of those wraparound or 1 piece bridges out there. Some have adjustable intonation on each saddle. Even 1 with fine tuners. And you get what you pay for. The 1 on my epi the plating is coming off alot where my hand rests, the gotoh 1 on another guitar is still doing fine.
Stwmac.com has some really nice adjustable tune-o/stoptail combo bridges, much better than the PRS ones. The PRS ones dont let you adjust the intonation, so using anything thicker than .10s or .11s will be off on intonation-wise with a stock bridge.
Quote by qotsa1998
Stwmac.com has some really nice adjustable tune-o/stoptail combo bridges, much better than the PRS ones. The PRS ones dont let you adjust the intonation, so using anything thicker than .10s or .11s will be off on intonation-wise with a stock bridge.

Like this one, any good?

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_bridges/1/Adjustable_Wraparound_Bridge.html