So the time has come. I'm ready to buy a new amp.
I've looked at may different amps, and I narrowed down my choices to the Peavey Classic 30 and the Orange Rocker 30. This is were you guys come in, and tell me what you think. I noticed a considerable price difference between the two?Why? Is it worth it?

I play classic rock, blues and some harder rock. I also enjoy anything else, except metal ...

The amp should be good for bedroom playing, but more importantly for practising/gigging with a band.

So..yah! Why would you choose one over the other? Convince me .

You could always throw in another amp suggestion if you're in the mood for it.

Thanks a million
i would probably go the orange but you should try them both side by side and make a choice. there is no advice anyone can give that is better than hearing them yourself.
Never played a classic 30 but i have played the orange and i thought it was pretty nice but it does have a hefty price tag. give a Traynor YCS 50 or YCV 50 a try if you can, they all do all the genres you mentioned.
if your willing to spend that much on an orange rocker thirty,

check out an ac30, with a tiny boost it will definately get to hard rock, but without the boost it does blues and classic rock amazingly, i have an ac30HH, so if you wanna spend less money go with like a ac30cc2 or something like that, but if you wanna spend even less, id say go try some traynors, ive heard good things about them like the goalie said,, but i have played a classic thirty and was not incredibly impressed