I am just wondering why on these boards you hear about almost every amp known to man but i've never heard mention of the peavey penta.

What do people think of them?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
I always wondered the same thing. They seem awesome if your into Marshall tones, probably sound awesome too, but never had a chance to try one, you tube videos sound great.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
i know about the amp since september 08 BUT i have never played one...... i believe it is Peavey's version of a Vox AC50
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I always see that amp when looking for amps online but I never hear anyone mention or recommend it lol.
Don't even bother man. You're not missing much.

I played a brand new one when it first came out, and it was rather dull for a tube amp. For some, it may be okay, but you can spend your money on a better amp than this.

I even wonder what possessed Gary Rossington to have a sig amp based on this.
Quote by AiC75
Don't even bother man. You're not missing much.

I played a brand new one when it first came out, and it was rather dull for a tube amp. For some, it may be okay, but you can spend your money on a better amp than this.

I even wonder what possessed Gary Rossington to have a sig amp based on this.

Money...
anyway the penta is like what? Around a grand or so for the head. When Peavey goes into that kind of price range they have a ton of competition. There are plenty of companies making great amps for around that price, Mesa, Orange, Vox, Bogner, Egnater, etc. That's a lot of companies to compete with. The main reason Peavey has been so successful is because of their lower priced stuff like the windsor, classic, valveking, and even 5150 which is pretty much a high gain standard. With the Penta they're trying to compete in a market that is pretty broad. That's why I believe they don't get much mention.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i know about the amp since september 08 BUT i have never played one...... i believe it is Peavey's version of a Vox AC50

No, it's not a version of the AC50.

First, it's 140 watts, second, it's a single channel with 5 separate voicings.

I think it looks like a good head, and all the clips sound nice, but I'd like to play it to actually get a feel for it.
Quote by soul_power
Money...
anyway the penta is like what? Around a grand or so for the head. When Peavey goes into that kind of price range they have a ton of competition. There are plenty of companies making great amps for around that price, Mesa, Orange, Vox, Bogner, Egnater, etc. That's a lot of companies to compete with. The main reason Peavey has been so successful is because of their lower priced stuff like the windsor, classic, valveking, and even 5150 which is pretty much a high gain standard. With the Penta they're trying to compete in a market that is pretty broad. That's why I believe they don't get much mention.

I don't know if I agree with all of this. Have you seen the price of the JSX head? 6505+ is not cheap either. I think it is due to marketing. I've only seen one and didn't get to play it and I assumed it was a hybrid. I have not seen one add for it but maybe I'll start looking harder.