Peavey vypyr....

if you have MOAR money.....
Mesa/Boogie F-30 / dc 3
Peavey XXX super 40 USED on ebay......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I would work on a guitar first, because your not going to get anything that will last a really long time for 400 to 500
You should use that amp money for a new guitar instead...
ESP
Jackson
Dean
Schecter
Ibanez
DO NOT buy online if you haven't tried the guitar already
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
If you are in Canada go down to L&M and try out some Godins. They are great intermediately priced guitars that play and sound great (and are also priced VERY well because they are Canadian made). I tried the Velocity recently and it kicked ass.
Godin Velocity - http://www.godinguitars.com/godinvelocityp.htm
Godin Freeway SA - http://www.godinguitars.com/godinfreewaysap.htm
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
I would work on a guitar first, because your not going to get anything that will last a really long time for 400 to 500
You should use that amp money for a new guitar instead...
ESP
Jackson
Dean
Schecter
Ibanez
DO NOT buy online if you haven't tried the guitar already

A list of manufacturers. That's actually really helpful!

Wrong...the amp is more important. You can get plenty of decent stuff (used, especially for 4-500 bucks.) Take a little guitar money away, and you've got a good budget.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
A list of manufacturers. That's actually really helpful!

Wrong...the amp is more important. You can get plenty of decent stuff (used, especially for 4-500 bucks.) Take a little guitar money away, and you've got a good budget.

still you have to admit, you have a lot more wiggle room with like 500 to 600, and you can look for a decent amp used for 100 to 200, shoot I got a Crate 100W solid state with 4X12 Blue Voodoo cab for $300!
It is all just preference
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
still you have to admit, you have a lot more wiggle room with like 500 to 600, and you can look for a decent amp used for 100 to 200, shoot I got a Crate 100W solid state with 4X12 Blue Voodoo cab for $300!
It is all just preference

uh. see, here's the thing. a good guitar is going to sound like crap through a bad amp. A bad guitar will sound OK through a good/decent amp, and a decent guitar will sound good through a good/decent amp.

Most people here wouldn't consider a Crate SS head a good amp. Myself included.

Don't judge me.
ibanez rgs are cheap and awesome. i sold mine to pay for my amp, but i sold it to my neighbor so i walk over to play it from time to time. it really (sounds corny) inspired me to become a better guitarist.
What about the Epiphone Prophecy... I played it at the store and I like it but are there better guitars in its range?
It's a bit expensive, and EMGs are rather pointless unless you can take advantage of them with a tube amp. Its not worth paying the price for them unless you have teh toobz.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
It's a bit expensive, and EMGs are rather pointless unless you can take advantage of them with a tube amp. Its not worth paying the price for them unless you have teh toobz.

Id be getting the one with dirty fingers
Ah. sure, then. If you like the way it plays, go for it. The dirty fingers is a very high output pickup.

Don't judge me.
Shocked no one has recommended an Agile AL 3000+ yet! Do a little searching on these guitars and you will quickly find your search has ended!!!!
As said above, shift your prices around. You want to spend more on the amp than the guitar generally.

Oh and I +1 to the Godin supporter. I have never been disappointed with any of the guitars from them.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
i love my ibanez xiphos... it actually does really well for the styles you mentioned
and i know i always rec my own stuff, but i like it, thats why i bought it
so triple x
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Fernandes is the way to go. you could put a couple hundred $$ towards the amp, and buy one of the X series (no sustainer and some with no tremolo) but still good.

check this out.

http://www.activemusician.com/store/search.asp?qu=fernandes&m=0&rs=1

I play lots of hard rock/metal on my Ravelle Elite. and it's versatile too. it has gorgeous cleans to insane metal tones.

you might look at the Revolver, Ravelle, and Vertigo series. the Vortex series is cool (it's a V) but maybe too flashy.
Don't get the vypyr unless you want the amp models/effects. Get a good tube amp or a nice sounding amp and some pedals.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.