anyone got

esp eclipse II Fm with active 81 emgs into boss mt-2 metalzone then randall rx120d Half stack??

somthign close?

what could i add to my sound ... and no im not selling my stuff i just wanna add more
Last edited by -x-ERic-x- at Feb 10, 2009,
A great speaker cab (like a better Randall) and a tube distortion pedal to replace that awful MT you have.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
wow, this is actually kinda obnoxious. weird.
people don't need the same setup as you to help you.
people also need to know what you want to add in order to tell you what to try.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
i just that it be cool if someone had the exact same as me

and im always looking to expand my sound so why not throw that in
Quote by theoreticmusic
wow, this is actually kinda obnoxious. weird.
people don't need the same setup as you to help you.
people also need to know what you want to add in order to tell you what to try.

^ He wants to improve the sound (adding, in my opinion, is improving. Why add something that would depreciate the sound?), and a great speaker cab (like the Randall R212NXT) and a tube distortion pedal (like something from Damage Control) would improve the sound.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by Artemis Entreri
PRS CE 22 and a Peavey Valveking.

The ESP Eclipse II is fine, and despite the fact that it's SS, Randall makes great SS amps

Stupid name.

theoreticmusic, you bitch in every single thread that you decide to post in without even giving advice half the time. Please stop.
TS - Get rid of the Metalzone (your amp has much better distortion) and get yourself an EQ which will really help out. My band's guitarist uses that amp during practices and the EQ helps finetune the sound quite a bit.
Quote by Shinozoku
^ He wants to improve the sound (adding, in my opinion, is improving. Why add something that would depreciate the sound?), and a great speaker cab (like the Randall R212NXT) and a tube distortion pedal (like something from Damage Control) would improve the sound.

but what for? i mean, specifics...
what genres? what bands? what kind of budget?
looking for pedals? speakers?

there's too much crap you can do to improve your sound to give a decent recommendation without a certain amount of specificity.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
theoreticmusic, you bitch in every single thread that you decide to post in without even giving advice half the time. Please stop.
TS - Get rid of the Metalzone (your amp has much better distortion) and get yourself an EQ which will really help out. My band's guitarist uses that amp during practices and the EQ helps finetune the sound quite a bit.

You're right, because most of the time I bitch about the stuff that's getting in the way of giving decent advice. Ever think of that? Let's not turn this into another godawful flamewar. I'm actually trying to help.

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Well, with a Randall half stack he definetly plays country. No?

Probably the m3t@l, but you never know. that's why i f*cking asked.

Don't judge me.
Why not suggest something then? You can give broad suggestions that are not genre-specific you know.
thanks about my sexy guitar comment

yah im really in to stuff like emmure and parkway drive i found the amp had a nice trash kinda metallica feel to it but it wasn't as heavy as id like it to be
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Why not suggest something then? You can give broad suggestions that are not genre-specific you know.

he's trying to actually be helpful by getting details and suggesting something specific. and you're coming in accusing him of being not helpful.

now who is the unhelpful one?
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

because I can suggest something better if I know exactly what he's looking for. jesus.

if its not heavy enough, I'd look into a DECENT distortion pedal like the Damage Control Demonizer (like the dude with the japanese name suggested) or an EQ pedal.

What is your EQ on the amp set to?

Don't judge me.
mids are low, liek 3 &1/2 then treble 4 bass 6 my metalzone is where i do the realy EQing but its at work so i dont know off by hand what it is its heavy as **** right now i just want a more exciting tone
I don't think thats a very mid-heavy amp. try boosting the mids and bass a bit. mids to 5-6 and bass to 7. bring the treble to 5, then get a decent disto.

Don't judge me.
little tip about the metal zone, i bought and i wasn't impressed, but it's decent as a booster pedal if turn the distortion down all the way and do the same with the highs, then use the volume to drive your amp more
Quote by theoreticmusic
but what for? i mean, specifics...
what genres? what bands? what kind of budget?
looking for pedals? speakers?

there's too much crap you can do to improve your sound to give a decent recommendation without a certain amount of specificity.

He's using an ESP with active pickups, a Boss Metal Zone pedal, and a Randall halfstack. What do you think he plays? Tube distortion pedal and/or an OD and a better cab will do wonders and can get him as many metal sounds as he wants with his current setup.

TS: Try putting more mids into your sound and lowering your bass some.

Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Feb 10, 2009,
Quote by Shinozoku
He's using an ESP with active pickups, a Boss Metal Zone pedal, and a Randall halfstack. What do you think he plays? Tube distortion pedal and/or an OD and a better cab will do wonders and can get him as many metal sounds as he wants with his current setup.

Yeah, but there are different kinds of metal. and I agree. as I previously posted.

Don't judge me.
Turn the mids up, the gain down, keep the MT2 in the closet and play loud.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not