So I've been needing a bass that's easier to transport than my current one (Warlock NT5) and was checking around craigslist for something affordable but good quality for practice or taking in to school for projects.

Found a Jackson 5 string ( http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/msg/1025078997.html ) for $325. Just wondering if anyone can identify what bass this is and whether or not that's a good deal.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
I don't know anything about it, but that Duncan Designed MM pickup looks awesome!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by darkwolf291
seems like a good deal..looks brand new..jacksons are awesome guitars too

it does seem good.

I would check it out.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
lol @ warlock bass- double fail.

and i dont know anything about this bass, but it looks pretty sweet.
plus you score a hardcase with it.
Quote by A Certain Death
lol @ warlock bass- double fail.

I figured this was gonna get posted at one point or another.

I like my bass, kindly get ****ed.

Thanks to all the people that gave serious input I'll have to check it out now. Still wish I could find exactly what model it is.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

If you want to get a new bass because you want a better bass than a Warlock, that makes sense to me. But I don't understand why you would get a lighter bass just so you could have something easier to transport. Seems like a waste of money to me.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just REALLY REALLY STRONG.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by WhyLater
If you want to get a new bass because you want a better bass than a Warlock, that makes sense to me. But I don't understand why you would get a lighter bass just so you could have something easier to transport. Seems like a waste of money to me.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just REALLY REALLY STRONG.

Not why. I'm gonna be gigging in a while anyways so I'll want a backup for that. Mainly it's because it actually fits in a case. I don't know if you've ever held a warlock but the thing is gigantic and doesn't fit in my car very well with my amp too. I could get a warlock case for 120+ but I figure if I can get a great backup for just a couple hundred more, then why not.

Either way, I didn't ask if I needed it now did I?
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by BeastlyBassist
Either way, I didn't ask if I needed it now did I?

You did not directly ask if you needed it, no, but I gave you feedback immediately relevant to your question. I offer no disrespect to you, sir, and as such expect none in return.

I have indeed held a Warlock, and yes, they are quite large and quite heavy, as are some basses. But what I'm gathering from what you've said is that you don't even have a gig bag for your Warlock. Unless I'm wrong in this assumption - and please forgive me if I am - that's your biggest problem when it comes to weight, not to mention protecting your bass. If you don't have at least a gig bag, you should get one before getting another bass, again, just for protection.

And I feel you on fitting your equipment in your car - I've hauled a Fender Bassman stack (with a GK head, just as an aside) and my bass and relevant gear in my car quite a few times, and I have a Hyundai Accent hatchback. That is no easy task. I doubt that getting a bass that is slightly smaller will remedy that problem for you.

But I'm not telling you not to get another bass. Having another bass as a backup is a great idea. I'm just saying that when it comes to size and weight, transportation of your bass shouldn't be a problem. If you find it too heavy to play for a long enough period of time, that's different. Or if you just want a new bass, as a backup, upgrade, or different option tonally, that's cool too. But not for the transportation reason mentioned in your original post.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

Quote by WhyLater
I have indeed held a Warlock, and yes, they are quite large and quite heavy, as are some basses. But what I'm gathering from what you've said is that you don't even have a gig bag for your Warlock. Unless I'm wrong in this assumption - and please forgive me if I am - that's your biggest problem when it comes to weight, not to mention protecting your bass. If you don't have at least a gig bag, you should get one before getting another bass, again, just for protection.

And I feel you on fitting your equipment in your car - I've hauled a Fender Bassman stack (with a GK head, just as an aside) and my bass and relevant gear in my car quite a few times, and I have a Hyundai Accent hatchback. That is no easy task. I doubt that getting a bass that is slightly smaller will remedy that problem for you.

I do have a gig bag, the warlock is too long for it and all other gig bags that i've seen.

Fitting this really long bass along with a 100w ibanez combo in a Chevy S-10 isn't exactly easy either. Not to mention that I haven't found a gig bag that will protect the headstock completely. Either way, from what the guy knows about it, it sounds like a pretty good deal. He payed 700 (negotiated down) for it and is selling it with a hardshell for 325. I think that's worth at least looking at
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by BeastlyBassist
I do have a gig bag, the warlock is too long for it and all other gig bags that i've seen.

Fitting this really long bass along with a 100w ibanez combo in a Chevy S-10 isn't exactly easy either. Not to mention that I haven't found a gig bag that will protect the headstock completely. Either way, from what the guy knows about it, it sounds like a pretty good deal. He payed 700 (negotiated down) for it and is selling it with a hardshell for 325. I think that's worth at least looking at

Well definitely that's a good deal though. Jacksons ain't bad, and the hardshell itself is worth like a third of that. If you've got the monies, I say go for it.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder