I was looking at buying this tube amp circuit(if thats what its called)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Custom-Hi-Gain-14-watt-Tube-Amp-fits-Epiphone-Valve-Jr_W0QQitemZ170301689367QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item170301689367&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

What else would I need to get this into an amp. I know I'll need a cab, I'll probably get a valv junior cab. What else? Also how would I do this?
Last edited by JoePerry4life at Feb 10, 2009,
Well it looks pretty solid to me, you'll need the equipment to connect everything together, but other than that it looks pretty good.
Its an amp head minus the cab enclosure. Make sure you get the speaker connections you want, it comes with an 8 ohm tap 4/8/16 was extra.
A HUGE word of warning regarding this particular builder. When he says that it's not what looks pretty on a turret board. He means "I just put stuff where I can."

Here's a gut shot of one of his orange knock-offs:
What a mess.

Is that your amp?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Thats a real classy chassis there guess hes never heard of a metal brake or just buying a decent chassis. And such care in how the wires are run. Im sure that wont add any noise. After looking at the ebay amp again correct me if Im wrong but in a Epi Vjr wont the amp be upside down looking at the head on mine it would be. The return policy isnt stated on the item.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Feb 11, 2009,
After reading all the crap he had written on his auction its even more laughable paired with that gut shot.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
it looks like he just used a modded evj circuit, theres a lot of them and they are very simple. The only way i would ever buy something like that is to ask for some gut shots. Especially when it comes to valves, which produce LOTS of heat. Arranging these well and away from specific components is definitely necessary.

So its ur money and im not saying that it wouldnt be a great thing to have, but i would definately wanna check and make sure its wired nicely, and used some higher quality parts for 400$...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
it looks like he just used a modded evj circuit, theres a lot of them and they are very simple. The only way i would ever buy something like that is to ask for some gut shots. Especially when it comes to valves, which produce LOTS of heat. Arranging these well and away from specific components is definitely necessary.

So its ur money and im not saying that it wouldnt be a great thing to have, but i would definately wanna check and make sure its wired nicely, and used some higher quality parts for 400$...

meh...I wouldn't worry about that much at all.

The thing that scares me is his lead dress...so much bad crosstalk between wires.