Alright, I'm pretty much brand new to jazz, so I have a question. I want to learn a few new songs, so any recommendations on some basic jazz songs. Also, what is a good amp setting for playing jazz?
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
satin doll by duke.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Sweet Georgia Brown is a very easy jazz standard. I'd start there. If you don't have any jazz knowledge, but have some music knowledge, get a beginning jazz book and start learning some of the stuff in there. That will really help you learn the basics while still learning a few songs. The other thing is to just get a fake book (I would suggest the Real Book) and hack your way through a song a day until you can play some.
Hmm, some jazz standards would include georgia on my mind, wonderful world, it donl;t mean a trhing if it ain't got swing, and trad jazz stuff like stormy weather. I'mpretty new to jazz too so I can't help much with that. As for amp settings, lots of bass and midds, and try alterin your tone controlls for a smoother, fatter bassier tone, les pauls are good cuase they were designed as jazz guitars, teles and strrtas will be harder. Listen the Gerger Bensen, he is a fantastic jazz player with great phrasing. Also minor swing by Django Reinhardt for the gypsy jazz stuff.
Quote by HendrixClaptonP
Hmm, some jazz standards would include georgia on my mind, wonderful world, it donl;t mean a trhing if it ain't got swing, and trad jazz stuff like stormy weather. I'mpretty new to jazz too so I can't help much with that. As for amp settings, lots of bass and midds, and try alterin your tone controlls for a smoother, fatter bassier tone, les pauls are good cuase they were designed as jazz guitars, teles and strrtas will be harder. Listen the Gerger Bensen, he is a fantastic jazz player with great phrasing. Also minor swing by Django Reinhardt for the gypsy jazz stuff.

I think I'm going to learn the song Breezin' by him. Thanks.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...