I was strolling through youtube and I found this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcTl4loSVu0

To me the intro isn't that bad, in fact it sounds good, but...I feel like an asshole because I feel as though I'm the only one who greatly dislikes his..soloing. It's not that I'm not a big fan of shred, I love paul gilbert and all that, but...that just sounds awful.

Anyone else?

(I apologize if this is the wrong thread by the way I just SERIOUSLY needed clarification)
Nope you got me aswell, Not on time, And it hears like he's just randomly fingering away.
Also, I dont really like his tone but i guess thats opinionated.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Quote by walkingminstral
Why does it even matter?

Because I felt like a real asshole when all the comments on there were "Oh ya awesome guitar, I wish i was as good as you" and I was wondering if i was the only one who thought "If i was as good as him I'd...quit"
Quote by SGlover69
Because I felt like a real asshole when all the comments on there were "Oh ya awesome guitar, I wish i was as good as you" and I was wondering if i was the only one who thought "If i was as good as him I'd...quit"

The sad thing is he fingers everything fairly cleanly, so you can tell he has some experience under his belt. He just has no concept whatsoever of how to phrase a solo, or even a simple melody...
That's what I thought. It's also weird cause he's been to the school of rock which I thought teaches you all that stuff, but since I don't wanna turn this into a "flame that guy" thread I'll leave it that.

His Cool Song #2 isn't that bad though from what I heard....#1 isn't as lucky.

Either way, Much appreciated for making me feel like less of an ass guys.
He doesn't know how to hold the pick, doesn't seem to be aware of scales, or how they fit together, and his improv. is simply uninteresting. Not a bad start for someone, though.

He is pretty good at sweep picking though, but everyone seems to be able to pick that up easily these days.