So what is a Click Track?

I'm trying to get in this band and they asked me if I could play to a click track. What is that and how do I do it?
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
It's basically a metronome...you use it to keep in time while recording. Audacity is free and can generate click tracks - check it out.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
its essentially a metronome that you play along to to keep time

it clicks to signify the rhythm, beats and tempo.. its not too difficult but most people need a bit of practice at it
Dignity not included.
ok cool
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
How do I practice?
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
Quote by brandendude
How do I practice?
You make a click track...and then you play in time with it.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed