Hi! I'm about to go tomorrow to get a TS9DX for 100 CAD... And I looked at craiglist and someone JUST put up an add for an OCD! And based on you guys, it's the bomb.

The problem is that he wants a Zvex box of rock. And I don't have one Should I make an offer he can't refuse or should I just get the TS9DX? it's a v3, not the latest. He wants to give it+50 bucks for the box of rock...
Last edited by Mosho2 at Feb 11, 2009,
He agreed to sell it for 160$.

So, it's a TS9DX for 100CAD or an OCD for 160CAD.
OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD

I had a TS808 that I built. It was good and all, but the OCD I have now is just leaps and bounds better. The Tubescreamers are more one-trick ponies to me.

The only thing is $160 for a used OCD is a ripoff. They cost around $180 CAD new, right?
lol I'm dumb! I was in ebay.ca! prices are in cads :| no wonder he agreed... a TS808 you built and a Ts9DX are not the same.. I appreciate your opinion still, but I would like to get more. I'm mainly into metal...
Oh oops. I thought the TS9DX was just slightly different from the TS9, which is fairly similar to the TS808. Sorry.

Edit:

Oh, and the OCD can do metal pretty well in front of a tube amp. It's got a good bit of gain in it.
he says it goes for 150 bucks usually and that seems to be true from what I see.... I can't find it in stores and I can't order from eBay. Is it worth the extra 50$? I'm not sure...
the TS9dx isnt very good, the only Tubescreamer i would go for is a modded TS808/TS9 modded to original 808 specs.

That said, the OCD is a great pedal. 150 is a lot though, if your in America i'd try and find another, i see them for 110-115 on the site i go on.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
I've heard the OCD is too trebly for some people, and that can translate to a thin tone. I personally love my regular TS-9 for tightening stuff up. Keeley modded is good too if you want to spend that much money...
You can get a blem OCD straight from fulltone for $125 + shipping, though I'm not sure he ships outside the US.

I had a TS9DX, it is better than a stock TS9 IMO, but the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET completely blows it out of the water.

Make sure you try an OCD, it might not be what you are looking for. It's more of a distortion pedal at times because it has so much more gain rather than a simple boost in OD
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
Wait... what? fulldrive 2? I assume you're talking about the OCD? :X

And you guys do remember it's in CAD right?
Quote by Mosho2
Wait... what? fulldrive 2? I assume you're talking about the OCD? :X

And you guys do remember it's in CAD right?

The OCD is nothing like a Tubescreamer. Totally different type of overdrive. The TS9 series is closest to the Fulldrive 2, which is kind of a combination of a TS9 and SD-1... only much smoother and more versitile than either one.

The OCD is a cool overdrive. It's much less compressed, kicks out more in the low midrange, has a fuller bottom end and is generally better for rhythm work than a TS9. That said, because it's less compressed it doesn't have the same singing sustain on leads as a TS9 or Fulldrive.

As for paying $160.... you can get them brand new for $170. I would look to pay $140 or less unless you're really impatient.

http://www.boutiquetone.com/index.php?version=index_eng&page=full_description&product_category_id=1059
Yeah, if you're only here until Sunday then your options are sorta limited....

$249 is kinda crazy....