there good for traveling, other than that id see no use for them, i mean, there horrendous looking! imo
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Zeds.Ded
there good for traveling, other than that id see no use for them, i mean, there horrendous looking! imo

I'm looking for something I can gig on thats cheap and can take a couple mods to be decent. I also want versatility which the Synapse series has shown me is possible time and time again... The only downside is I hear the quality varies so much and the strings take forever to get from them...
I say go for it, you can look like paul from cynic now!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I've played a Steinberger, a model made before they were bought by Gibson, and I thought it was great. Had a zero-fret for extremely low action, with no head you could dive/raise the floyd with little difference, if any, in tuning, permitting the variation, in pitch, of entire chords without worrying of going out of tune. Only complaint is the one I played was extremely heavy, and very unbalanced without a head.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
If only they still made these.

I`d sue them for hurting my tastes.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
If only they still made these.

I would've so bought that
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
I dont trust the new spirts sold on musiciansfriend. The volume knob placement is horrible and the quality has decreased a bit with the trem mounting being a bit shoddy. I would still get it over any other guitar under 1000 dollars tho just for the tuning stability and comfort.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Quote by CephalidHunter
I dont trust the new spirts sold on musiciansfriend. The volume knob placement is horrible and the quality has decreased a bit with the trem mounting being a bit shoddy. I would still get it over any other guitar under 1000 dollars tho just for the tuning stability and comfort.

I would love to by a used Synapse model but nobody sells them lmao.
Travel Guitar, yeah.
Normal guitar NO.
It kinda burns my eyes
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
I hate it having no headstock personally. =[
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Slicer666
I would've so bought that

That's an Ed Roman retop. Don't buy anything from Ed Roman.

As for the TS, don't buy that one. Get a GU Deluxe, which is basically an M series Strat-style one but made out of wood and in Korea. I bought one of the last ones made for $330 and it was good... until I realized that the neck profile was not to my liking and the guitar was tinny and undefined due to it being all maple and having a dull-sounding bridge pickup. So I swapped the neck out for a graphite one from http://mosesgraphite.com and put an 81-85 combo in there, and it rips. On top of being my favorite playing guitar right now, it's also my favorite sounding for more modern styles of music - although my other go-to guitar still trumps this one simply because it has coil tap and is made of wood entirely xD.

Long story short, it's an alright guitar with an amazing trem for $330, maybe $400, although the volume knob placement is different on that guitar than on mine. For the $450 I spent to upgrade it, it's an AMAZING guitar.

I'll post pics as soon as I get it back from my friend's house.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
check ebay right now, there is atleast one synapse on there for under 400 bucks.
Gear:
Peavey XXL head
I am surprised to read some comments here, stating that Steinbergers are awful or look bad.

For you youngsters: back in the 80's, some guys as Sting or Mark Knopfler did use Steinberger headless bass and guitars, to perform live such albums as Ghost in the machine or Brothers in arms...

Headless guitars were very popular back then and they are truly part of guitar history.

So you boys that spend all day talking about Deans, Schecters, EMG's and .11 strings: listen to good music and REAL musicians instead of shred/nu metal clowns.
Last edited by dynamo0 at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by dynamo0
I am surprised to read some comments here, stating that Steinbergers are awful or look bad.

For you youngsters: back in the 80's, some guys as Sting or Mark Knopfler did use Steinberger headless bass and guitars, to perform live such albums as Ghost in the machine or Brothers in arms...

Headless guitars were very popular back then and they are truly part of guitar history.

So you boys that spend all day talking about Deans, Schecters, EMG's and .11 strings: listen to good music and REAL musicians instead of shred/nu metal clowns.

Different people like different music, so theres no point flaming about that
And that was before steinburger was bought out as well
And how can you like sting? just bleugh
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by dynamo0

Like 95% or more of steinbergers use EMG's except for a few prototype model, Allan Holdsworth signature, and the new spirits.
Gear:
Peavey XXL head