Page 1 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIZM2SosvcI

red rooster commercials trying to make americans look stupid. we know what ****ing roast chicken is/tastes like, and were not this stupid. (theres other ads too that are even worse, i just couldnt find them on youtube, asking questions like "whose flag is this?" etc.)

to an american living in australia, this doesnt help the stereotype we have.

discuss
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
I Fucking Love Chicken!
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
ADVERTS R SERIOUS BUSINESS
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Since when was somebody stupid if they hadn't heard of a food before?

It's just an ad, don't take it so seriously. If people didn't already think Americans were stupid, they wouldn't be convinced otherwise with this.
Last edited by Le_Bunny at Feb 11, 2009,
I hate those ads and I'm aussie... Tom Gleeson is funny but he's put to waste in them. I don't think americans are stupid, but this has always been a favourate of mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ3RrqBqk14
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
I Fucking Love Chicken!
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by stephen_rettie
be pissed at the americans in the advert for being so idiotic.

+1

red rooster sucks anyways.
yo.

I BELIEVE
um, they are just trying to portray that red rooster is an australian restaurant and not 'just another american one' like kfc, mcdonalds, subway, etc. it doesn't make americans look stupid, why the hell would they know what red rooster is? why would they know aussie slang?

it's just promoting red rooster and roasted chicken rather than fried as an australian thing, to try to appeal to aussies. some of the people he was talking to had obviously never had roast chicken before, that doesn't mean that all americans don't know what it is. i have no idea what you're upset about.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Europeans stereotyping Americans based on how we're portrayed in their films and advertisements?

We sure are the stupid ones

I didn't bother clicking the link though.
I'm kinda surprised that they actually found people taht didn't know what roasted chicken tastes like, it's not like it's uncommon here, even KFC has it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
dude u think it pisses u off. Im an Aussie and all the kids at my school think its so topical and political to hate America and think everyone is some gap toothed bumpkin that loves guns. It pisses me off so much every time someone says something i rip them to shreds with proper arguments.

This stupid ****in add just perpetuates a stupid sterotype that pisses me off
Quote by RU Experienced?
Europeans stereotyping Americans based on how we're portrayed in their films and advertisements?

We sure are the stupid ones

what europeans?
from daylight...
...into darkness
eh, the whole america-hating thing is just a trend. who really cares? its just australia, let the baby have its bottle.

ive never even seen a red rooster. it doesnt matter.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by divid3d
what europeans?

Hmm, it appears this is Aussie's we're talking about isn't it. I only read the first line of the post, in any case my point stands regardless of geographical location.
Quote by divid3d
um, they are just trying to portray that red rooster is an australian restaurant and not 'just another american one' like kfc, mcdonalds, subway, etc. it doesn't make americans look stupid, why the hell would they know what red rooster is? why would they know aussie slang?

it's just promoting red rooster and roasted chicken rather than fried as an australian thing, to try to appeal to aussies. some of the people he was talking to had obviously never had roast chicken before, that doesn't mean that all americans don't know what it is. i have no idea what you're upset about.

This
"Where's your will to be weird? " - Jim Morrison
I am average American male. I enjoy bad game runescape.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

I don't see what's so upsetting about it. It's just an ad, why take it personally?
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by divid3d
why the hell would they know what red rooster is? why would they know aussie slang?

A. I know what Red Rooster is...
B. Roast Chicken is Aussie slang?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I'm kinda surprised that they actually found people taht didn't know what roasted chicken tastes like, it's not like it's uncommon here, even KFC has it.

I guarantee they were just actors.
Quote by divid3d

well im angry because most people dont see it that way. they see it as that red rooster going to new york and saying americans dont know anything. the other ones are actually worse imo but theyre not on youtube
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by Alex Vik
A. I know what Red Rooster is...
B. Roast Chicken is Aussie slang?

A. good for you. clearly most americans would not know what it is though, and that's fine.
B. no. in the video he was talking to them about aussie slang such as 'ute'.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by Alex Vik

I guarantee they were just actors.

yeah, probably, should've thought of that, but it's 3:30 AM here.

Last.fm
Quote by ihavenoname93
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIZM2SosvcI

red rooster commercials trying to make americans look stupid. we know what ****ing roast chicken is/tastes like, and were not this stupid. (theres other ads too that are even worse, i just couldnt find them on youtube, asking questions like "whose flag is this?" etc.)

to an american living in australia, this doesnt help the stereotype we have.

discuss

if i were american, i'd be more pissed at "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEP7uti0PDw
Last edited by narciso_yepes at Feb 11, 2009,
Americans aren't stupid? This is news to me.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Americans rip the piss out of Australians, I think it's only fair.

The harsh reality is, they weren't actors.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nick dixon
Americans rip the piss out of Australians, I think it's only fair.

The harsh reality is, they weren't actors.

yea, but the responses were taken out of context, i betcha anything. they can make it look like anyone said anything.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
yea, but the responses were taken out of context, i betcha anything. they can make it look like anyone said anything.

or, since they where apparently in times square, they just found some really really stupid people. I could probably go somewhere in downtown Sydney and do the same thing.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
or, since they where apparently in times square, they just found some really really stupid people. I could probably go somewhere in downtown Sydney and do the same thing.

exactly...ask them who ben and jerry are.

"did they sing the sound of silence?"
yo.

I BELIEVE
yeah get over it. ou americans are so ****ing arrogant, get over yourselves. im sick of hearing all this "america is the greatest country in the world" bs
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

exactly. talking to a few stupid people on the street doesn't reflect the intelligence of a nation.

there's no need for anyone to be upset. the ad isn't even trying to make americans look stupid, it's just trying to separate red rooster from the american food chains we have here, so aussies can relate to it more. that's all.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d

yeah but I can see where the TS is coming from, because they are singling out a country who has the reputation of being stupid and are playing to that stereotype.

that's like going to germany and using anti-semetic people for some kind of commercial (god knows what for), or some guy walking through tokio asking random people the answer for hard math problems.

it's just playing off of stereotypes, which is pretty harmful if you ask me. over here in germany, half the people think the president is the king of the USA and that most americans are fully retarded and obese, because that's how the USA is portrayed by the media, i.e. in commercials like this one.

but to be honest, I really dont give a rat's ass.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Feb 11, 2009,
Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah but I can see where the TS is coming from, because they are singling out a country who has the reputation of being stupid and are playing to that stereotype.

that's like going to germany and using anti-semetic people for some kind of commercial (god knows what for), or some guy walking through tokio asking random people the answer for hard math problems.

it's just playing off of stereotypes, which is pretty harmful if you ask me. over here in germany, half the people think the president is the king of the USA and that most americans are fully retarded and obese, because that's how the USA is portrayed by the media.

but to be honest, I really dont give a rat's ass.

they are 'singling out' america purely because most of our fast food restaurants are american in origin, like mcdonalds, kfc, subway and the like. red rooster is one of the few australian ones, and they are just trying to promote that fact.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d
they are 'singling out' america purely because most of our fast food restaurants are american in origin, like mcdonalds, kfc, subway and the like. red rooster is one of the few australian ones, and they are just trying to promote that fact.

I realise this, but in my opinion they are playing off the dumb american stereotype in the process. "oh those stupid americans, they don't even know what roasted chicken is"
Page 1 of 3