Looking at ordering one of the two multi effects named. Quick Question about the Digitech. Any idea how fast it can switch between patches? Fast, Slow, or Millisecs?

Also, I see the Zooms sampling rate is double what the digitech's rate is. Any idea how much difference this makes?
Last edited by Sick Man at Feb 11, 2009,
I was finding that the Zoom had the world fastest patch change @.005 seconds, but couldn't find anything on the digitech, and have never owned a digitech, so thanks for answering that question. I seem to keep reading that the Zoom G2 has the most powerful processor out of the two, and I like the Zoom I have now, just want something with a USB port. I think I might go with the Zoom but if anyone has anymore feedback on either of these pedals, I'd like to hear it.
Having owned the G2.1u and never having even tried an RP250, I'd still recommend the Digitech
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I have the RP500, and if the 250 is anything like the 500, I'd recommend it for you.Yes, miliseconds. Some of the patches do sound slightly digital, because in reality they are, but thats why I made my own on it!
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by Sick Man
I seem to keep reading that the Zoom G2 has the most powerful processor out of the two
I doubt it. The RP250 has the newer AudioDNA2 which is claimed to be 4x faster than the previous AudioDNA. The older AudioDNA chip used in the GNX series is more than capable, so the AudioDNA2 should have plenty of power.
Quote by fly135
I doubt it. The RP250 has the newer AudioDNA2 which is claimed to be 4x faster than the previous AudioDNA. The older AudioDNA chip used in the GNX series is more than capable, so the AudioDNA2 should have plenty of power.

I read on another forum that its more powerful due to these specificaions:
Zoom G2.1u- 32 bit processing/ 96kHz Sampling
Digitech RP250- 24 bit processing/ 44.1kHz
I also read that anything over 24 bit is unnecessary, and the larger kHz sampling, the bigger the file used on computer. Seeing I didn't need this extra power (if thats what you call it) and the RP250 has a few more effects/and presets, better patch display, and cooler website, I ordered the Digitech. Should have it in a few days. I always wanted to own a digitech, and I already have a Zoom 606, and Boss Distortion pedal, so the Digitech will be something different. Thanks for your feedback.
i had a G2 and i felt it was ok.

I never had any complaints or felt unsatisfied with its performance.

until i got a podXT anyway. despite that, i still use the G2 for other things since it really isn't a bad little unit.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
My Zoom 606 has been great, but has no USB or Drum Machine. I almost ordered a Metronome just for keeping beat, but the drum machine seems like it would do the trick, even if the drums sound a little cheesy. The Zoom G2 came with some Cubebase (i think thats right) software which is supposed to be good, but I already have an old Cakewalk program. I think the way you can play with your effects the computer is pretty cool.
Quote by Sick Man
I read on another forum that its more powerful due to these specificaions:
Zoom G2.1u- 32 bit processing/ 96kHz Sampling
Digitech RP250- 24 bit processing/ 44.1kHz
Sample size and rate is just part of the equation. The processing power goes into the FX and modeling. 96Khz is overkill for guitars frequencies (enhanced with FX) that roll off pretty quick aver 10KHz.
i'm having the same 2 options.

everyone i know have been recommending the Zoom G2.u1
but now Digitech Released the new RP series .. RP255, 355, etc.
it has wayyyyyyy better specs than the old ones.
but because i'm living in a ****hole ..i can't find any of those multi fx ..so i'm gonna need to order =(

EDIT: i'm still lost and dunno what multi effect to get..
"When I tried to play something and screwed up, I'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it."
-Dimebag Darrell
Well, Ive done an ass load of research in the past 2 weeks and went back and forth between the RP250 and G2.1u. The G2.1U had the USB, but then found the Digitech did too. But the Zoom had the Worlds fastest patch change, but digitechs is fast too, and hell, I don't need it be lightning fast, just seemless when switching. Looking at the Digitech RP255, I should've ordered that, seeing it comes with the software the G2.1u came with, and has a few more effects. Oh well. It seems the digitech has a few more features than the Zoom, the patch display is nicer (which is one thing I don't like about my current Zoom), and has a good website for modifying the presets. As far as sound quality goes, I should be getting my RP250 in a couple of days, so won't know till then, but have heard they're pretty good for a multiFx pedal. I'll let you know what I think of it a few days, hopefully by the weekend.
go listen to my 4.5 Brownie clip - that was as a Delay setting with no custimization.

I'm not saying it is the greatest tone. It is $100 good. Where do you guys see RP255 and 355

If you want I could try to do a clip of me changing presets with footswitch.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Feb 12, 2009,
RP250 is a pretty great pedal. I like mine.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
The RP255/355 doesn't seem to be released yet. The 20 sec looper on the RP355 would make me want to wait if I was looking to buy.
Yeah they are new. The RP250/350 were the latest and greatest with the AudioDNA2 chip. Looks like they added the looper and maybe some more FX for the 255/355, but they aren't in stores yet. My GNX4 uses the older AudioDNA chips but is a great unit.
[SIZE=4]Hey I was an uneducated hardcore supporter of Digitech. I went throug three RP80s in 2 weeks in '08, with about 10 hrs playing(with headphones). Finally I felt if I spent more cash on the RP250 it would improve. I bought it 1 month ago to the day, and was in an accident so wasnt able to use it until a few days ago. Again, maybe a few hours(3 tops) play and suddenly this thing has no sound going in or out. I checked in the tuning section and it didnt register. I checked the drum loops, and nothing.
I do not reccomend Digitech products. And to answer the question, it is difficlt to switch back and fourth.
Peace and freedom,
Will
myspace.com/thesinpage
Quote by The S.i.n.
Hey I was an uneducated hardcore supporter of Digitech. I went throug three RP80s in 2 weeks in '08, with about 10 hrs playing(with headphones). Finally I felt if I spent more cash on the RP250 it would improve. I bought it 1 month ago to the day, and was in an accident so wasnt able to use it until a few days ago. Again, maybe a few hours(3 tops) play and suddenly this thing has no sound going in or out. I checked in the tuning section and it didnt register. I checked the drum loops, and nothing.
I do not reccomend Digitech products. And to answer the question, it is difficlt to switch back and fourth.
Peace and freedom,
Will
myspace.com/thesinpage

My Digitech RP250 should arrive tomorrow, and hope I have better luck with it. I can always return it if it sucks that bad. As far as switching back and fourth, I'll be happy as long as its a little faster than my Zoom 606.
I had an RP300A, 2 GNX3's, and a GNX3000. I never ever had problems with them. I've also have a GNX4 that works great.
Got my Digi 250 today. Have played around with it a little, only through my headphones. I can tell I will like it. Its much better built than my Zoom 606, the expression pedal is stiffer, has better way (IMO) displaying patch names than Zoom, and patch change is much faster than the 606, good enough for me. Cleans sound much cleaner than old multi pedal too, with no hiss. Now if it sounds good through my amp, and also recording through computer I'll be set for a while. Now I just have to get used to the new layout