Is it worth putting new pups in a MIM standard strat (was thinking about fender noiseless vintage) or should i put my money towards a better guitar.
Great, thanks guys. Has anybody got any advice on which pups. I like to play postrock and dinosaur jr sonic youth type stuff.
Quote by Spaceman3
Great, thanks guys. Has anybody got any advice on which pups. I like to play postrock and dinosaur jr sonic youth type stuff.

Custom Shop '69's might work well. I've got them in my Strat, and they sound amazing.
what amp do you have?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I have an old Marshall valvestate vs100r and Vox VT15. Mostly I DI into the computer using amplitube though.
I'd maybe check out some of guitarfetish.com 's ghs pickups. They're pretty cheap and come together in a nice bundled set.

That being said if you really wanted to you could install 3 single sized humbuckers.

Its up to you really, but regardless it will sound better since the only thing of lesser quality on a mim strat are the electronics.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Its regularly said that the electronics are one of the main differences between the Mex's and USA strats. I've got some seymour duncan livewire's in my mexican.
Thanks again, Guitarfetish looks like a great tip. I'm off to shop for some pickups!