I know there is a book thread but no-one took me up when i suggested this. More to the point i did search and found nothing...

Sooo, what is your thoughts on books that have been turned into films???
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO
bada bing or whatever he's called. EPIC WIN.

Mighty Blades
i just re-read Yes Man by Danny Wallace and found the film too over the top.
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
You can't really directly compare a book a film interpritaion. The book will always offer more than the film possibly can, but you can of course say if it is a good interpretation of a book.

Good ones

Trainspotting
The Trail
Revolutionary Road
Fear & Loathing in LV
The Godfather
One flew over the Cockoo's nest
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
To Kill a Mockingbird
Secret Window is cool.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
The rum diary is being made into a film now, but I sware if they mess that up.....
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Some books turned into movies are good, but most of them suck because they just can't capture everything that's going on, unless a person has split personalities and is hearing voices in their head, and they portray that on screen.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Jurassic Park was the only one I liked, even though movie is damn near opposite the book.
harry potter fail

Quote by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course
No Country For Old Men worked very well, apart from the ending, which the Coens made too like the book for it to work in a film.
They can make good movies, but they are never a patch on the book.
The only book-to-film conversion that I preffered is Fight Club, mainly because as good as the book was, he has better books and the film was bangtidy.
Forrest Gump movie > Forrest Gump book.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
the fairly recent interpretation of terry pratchett's colour of magic was pretty good, just a bit fast paced though.
Girl interrupted was quite good, if Jared leto wasnt in it, it would have been great.
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

Quote by _Ox_
Jurassic Park was the only one I liked, even though movie is damn near opposite the book.

Same with I Am Legend
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by loubot123
Girl interrupted was quite good, if Jared leto wasnt in it, it would have been great.

American Psycho.

idk about the book but watching Leto die was a very entertaining experience.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
American Psycho.

idk about the book but watching Leto die was a very entertaining experience.

this.
Unfortunatly he comes to no harm in girl interrupted, he just looks like a hippy and tries (and fails) to pursuade Winona Ryder to run away with him to canada.

Fear and Loathing comes close, only thanks to Depp and Del Toro's outstanding performances. Also, Jaws was SUPERB
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
yeah fear and loathing for the performances and fight club. Slumdog Millionaire was originally a book, unfortunately i havent read it yet but i must say the film was superb
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO

Mighty Blades
Oooo Memoires of a Geisha was awsome !

A lot of films are book adaptations and you don't even realise. I didn't know Yes Man was a book for example (although when I noticed Danny Wallace's cameo and pointed it out to my friend he told me) and that was pretty good. LOTR, obviously everyone knows that was a book but it is still a very much admired trilogy despite the fact I think it is overrated.
Spiderman films were kick ass, as was Iron Man.

Also the Lord of the Rings trilogy was the best adaptation ever... not necessarily faithful etc, but jaw droppingly brilliant
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by Rolling_man
Spiderman films were kick ass, as was Iron Man.

Also the Lord of the Rings trilogy was the best adaptation ever... not necessarily faithful etc, but jaw droppingly brilliant
Obviously you're discounting Spiderman 3 as a Spiderman film.
Well, I've watched it much less if that helps :/

Having said that im a bit of a marvel comics fanboy...so swings and roundabouts i guess!
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey