I am about to buy new speakers for an empty 4x12, and I'm not exactly sure what impedence speakers I need to get.

I use a 6505 head, which is switchable between 4(?), 8, and 16 ohms, and I know i want to buy Eminence Screamin' Eagles, but should I buy 4 8ohm speakers or 4 16ohm speakers?

Like, will it make a huge sound difference?
apparently the more winds in the speaker coil is supposed to fatten up the tone, but I haven't heard any results to solidify this. I'd say 8 Ohm because it's generally more compatible with more heads.
------

Shwiggity.
I don't think there'd be a difference in price either, so Its really a matter of preference for you.
------

Shwiggity.
If you buy 4 speakers that are 16OHM then any head will work because 16 is the highest impedence that I've ever seen on a head. You could do that just to be safe.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
so, if i buy 16 ohm it should work on any head?

i just dont want to blow the speakers because of being a n00b. and no one that i ask every really has a direct answer. haha

i dont really plan on getting rid of my 6505 any time soon, so for the time being im just looking for it to be compatible with the cab.
as long as you switch the amp's output to 16 Ohms, then you'll be good as gravy boss. Make sure you use some decent cables to connect your head to the speakers, often tone can be lost from people using crap-ass cables.
------

Shwiggity.
You need to learn how to wire up the speakers in both series and paralell formations. Doing this allows you to rig up different amounts of speakers for different results.

AKA

http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/4x12wiring.html

Read this noob.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
yea, I use Mogami cables, so i should be good there.

and thanks for the article man.
Just solder slowly and correctly and very hot... hotly.
And always use a speaker cable for head-cab connections.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel