Hi, I have a 2x12 closed back Avatar Cab and right now it is too punchy and bassy for my taste. It has 2 V30s in it, and I have ordered a Warehouse HP Reaper to hopefully bring up some of the mids and highs.

The question I have is if that doesn't work, has anyone experimented with cutting (key) holes in the cab back. I was thinking that should be the equivilent of a 1/2 open back cab which is what I want to duplicate.

The current configuration doesn't lend to cutting the back cover into section without some serious modifying done to the input jacks.

Thanks Tom
Heritage H150 Rio Pups, Dean Soltero SL, Dean Hardtail Select with Mustaine Active Pups,
Randall RT 2/50, Peavey Rockmaster, Voodoo Labs Preamp, Carvin Quad, Rocktron Piranha, Intellifex . AVatar 2x12
Peavey Classic 30, Vox ADVT 30,
Pod X3live
Which Avatar cab do you have?

With the exception of the Contemporary (can't see the back on the website), the models look quite accessible. Disconnect to input plate, unscrew the back and cut the bottom half off. That way, if you decide you want it closed back again, you can reattach the bottom section.

You could also remove the back and use it as a template to make a new ported back for it.
That is actuallly a good idea. I have the contemporary, but it is the same as the others from behind. I could easily make a new template out of it. I really think that a ported back is what I need.

Thanks Tom
Heritage H150 Rio Pups, Dean Soltero SL, Dean Hardtail Select with Mustaine Active Pups,
Randall RT 2/50, Peavey Rockmaster, Voodoo Labs Preamp, Carvin Quad, Rocktron Piranha, Intellifex . AVatar 2x12
Peavey Classic 30, Vox ADVT 30,
Pod X3live