Page 1 of 3
i liked a girl...i want to let her know that i love her..she already understood it.but don't care..i want some SAD romantic songs to play with one acoustic guitar to impress her...help me dude.easy songs will be welcomed also....remember just a single acoustic and sad songs which will have feelings.....
The Girl - City & Colour.
- That's a bit lovey dovey and happy. But you said you want sadder stuff so like.

As Much As I Ever Could - City & Colour
The Sleeping Sickness (not the crappy album version, the original one) - City & Colour
- Althought with both of them songs, I'm not sure on your range but they might need transcribing to a lower key, Dallas Green's a beast.

Carry Her - Fightstar
Look What You've Done - Jet

Just to name a few.

That's about all I can think of at the moment, if anything else comes to mind. I'll edit it in.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Feb 11, 2009,
We Look Like Giants - Deathcab For Cutie
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
I gave my love a cherry... aka The Riddle Song.

he he
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You shouldn't play guitar just to impress people...

That being said
Vermillion part 2 or snuff by slipknot should do the trick
I Won't Let This Build Up Inside Of Me

Quote by FFTLxx

muhat gandy
+Sideways 8

Well thats me set ^^
lots of oasis songs would work

also "maybe im amazed" by paul mccartney
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
i'll save you some time.

if she doesn't like you now, she won't like you later.

if she liked you before, she'll probably like you more.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Can you sing?
I'd think it was rather pointless if you can't sing, so you'd just end up playing a song she'd never heard of.
The best thing you can do I think would be to make a song about her.. add the lyrics, and just sing your heart out.
Don't make the lyrics too cheesy.. otherwise you will sound lame.

But like, if you cant sing... just name a song after her, ;]
Ya... write a song Am C G always gets 'em....

No..."I can't live with out you" stuff.... That was fine in the 70's, but it's way to needy today.

It's more of..... "my life is enriched by being with you"..... ha ha
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
City and Colour is a great choice.... my GF turned me onto them a while back and I'll be damned if the music isn't simple yet on-point - Dallas Green IS a beast... hence Alexisonfire... Waiting is a good song too... most of them are pretty straight forward...
Quote by deaththrashcore
I Cum Blood!

No, this isn't the pit. There is nothing funny about that post, and in fact, it only made you look childish and immature. The door is to your right. Feel free to get out.

On topic:
Umm....uhh....I don't really know any SAD romantic songs. Just stuff like Banana Pancakes and Better Together by Jack Johnson. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's. I don't know. I haven't had an interest in playing those kind of songs for a while.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
write something yourself, even if it's vaguely comical. it's not as hard as you think it is and will go further.
Play Mr. Brightside by the Killers. You can arrange it nicely for acoustic guitar, and your girlfriend will appreciate a song she knows more than an unknown one.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
If your singing you cant bit a bit o' swing life away by rise against or like already mentioned patience by GNR.
If It Means A Lot To You- A Day To Remember
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
How about Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd? is that sad-romantic enough, or no? Just a suggestion.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Don't impress girls they will only eventually stab you in the back. But you could try Seether - Broken
ROCK'N 6 STRINGS GRINDING PICKS INTO POWDER
Wonderwall-oasis
THE BEST SONG TO IMPRESS WOMEN
that and hey there delilah
if you want a really sad song try slide away-oasis its not acoustic but its pretty sad that and creep-radio
just slap a few chords together and pretend to be emo when you write the lyrics...
PG > YWM

oh, btw... is it bad if your pee is red?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
in scotland they call carbonated drinks 'juice' so you would say a can of juice for example. But they call poop jobbies, so their take on things doesn't count.
Why do everyone think Wonderwall is perfect song to sing to a girl? I've always been stumped by this. To be honest, I don't even think many girls know who Oasis is let alone know what the song is saying other than "Feels the way I do about you now ".
Last edited by wtgerbil at Feb 13, 2009,
slow dancing in a burning room by john mayer. its actually a breakup song. sorry but thats the best i can do haha. an awesome song for girls is crush by dave matthews. girls love that one.
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Quote by Milez5858
Ya... write a song Am C G always gets 'em....

No..."I can't live with out you" stuff.... That was fine in the 70's, but it's way to needy today.

It's more of..... "my life is enriched by being with you"..... ha ha

This. Write a nice G C D verse, and smack her with an Am C G chorus....I like to throw a quick Em between the C and G in the chorus.
Quote by wtgerbil
Why do everyone think Wonderwall is perfect song to sing to a girl? I've always been stumped by this. To be honest, I don't even think many girls know who Oasis is let alone know what the song is saying other than "Feels the way I do about you now ".

well if they dont know it is better cuz if u screw up they wont know plus look on youtube how many views wonderwall has, its like 23 mil.
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
U should play Hallelujah, it's easy on guitar, but if you're gonna play that one, u have to sing.
It's a great song btw.
Last edited by STR8 AHEAD at Feb 13, 2009,
Here Without You - 3 Doors Down

Sounds good, got something sad about it and great with both, singing and / or playing.
Quote by Deep*Kick
"Hi guys, god here. My son is uber awesome at improvisation, but he can't play cover songs for the life of him. Is he gifted?"
Quote by wtgerbil

Seriously. I think the only people who recommend Wonderwall are acoustic players who think it impresses the ladies.

Thread starter, if you really want to impress her, write a silly song about her. The goofier the better. Women don't really care how good you are and can always tell if you're tring to impress them with a lame song. Make it personal.
Quote by GC Shred Off
Seriously. I think the only people who recommend Wonderwall are acoustic players who think it impresses the ladies.

Thread starter, if you really want to impress her, write a silly song about her. The goofier the better. Women don't really care how good you are and can always tell if you're tring to impress them with a lame song. Make it personal.

That's actually some seriously good advice.

And if you don't feel like writing a song, girls always laugh when you sing "Grow Old With You" to them. You know, the song Adam Sandler plays in the airplane on The Wedding Singer.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I'll sometimes do a bluesy version of Britney Spear's "Baby One More Time". That's a slow, sad romantic song.

Chords (you can play along at home too kids!) Just repeat em.

Bm
Oh baby baby

F# D
How was I supposed to know

Em
That something wasn't

F#
Rig - ht
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by about
i'll save you some time.

if she doesn't like you now, she won't like you later.

if she liked you before, she'll probably like you more.

This.

Your idea is lame, and she'll just think you're a fag.
Dickless.
Page 1 of 3