Page 1 of 184
I for 1 didnt miss it
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
It does seem to have gone, I wonder where... O_O
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Something happened to another thread to, very strange indeed.

Oh and Death Magnetic Metallica
Before I read what Tom Araya said what he said about the album I kinda thought that in the back of my head. I thought there newer stuff seemed like a bunch of riffs thrown together instead of a song. I dont know if thats how they always recorded but I watched Some Kind of Monster the other day on VH1 and saw how they record... They just record themselfs jamming for couple of hours and throw shit together. There were a great many things I didnt like about what I heard of Death Magnetic. The guitar tones, the singing, the structures, and for whatever reason ive developed a major dislike for Kirk Hammets leads. I have never been a big fan of his, but its gotten worse... I have also always thought that Master of Puppets was a nearly flawless thrash song with the exception of the solo. I think the solo detracts from it immensly.
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
I didn't get the whole 'back to their roots' thing with Death Magnetic...I thought it was more like Load/Reload with some half decent solos thrown in.
RULE BRITANNIA
+1000
I feel pretty much the same. I dl'd their early discography as something to learn by ear, some songs I like still, faster solos I still cant do cause Im a nub

edit: to rebel
no doubt there early stuff slays. When I 1st got Kill Em All. I listened to it for weeks straight. My favorite song being No Remorse. I like them all up to and including the Black Album. If Metallica would have stayed with their Black Album sound, I would still be buying albums. They can keep that post Black Album shit.
My postcount went down with like 400 or something when the Metallica thread dissaperared =/

Anyway on the topic of Kill em All, one of the best songs is Hit the Lights, somewhat underrated too.
WTF HAPPENED TO THE OLD THREAD?

Anyways, first page! Yay!

Metallica rules! Atleast their first five albums do
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Quote by SquareNothing
Metalicer!!!! Krik Halmet!!!!1

I should of named the thread "Metalicer"
Quote by Guitarmike123
My postcount went down with like 400 or something when the Metallica thread dissaperared =/

Anyway on the topic of Kill em All, one of the best songs is Hit the Lights, somewhat underrated too.

indeed. it has 3 or 4 solos in it. I always loved that track. No Remorse is my favorite from the album because the 1st minute of it.
No Remorse is definetly the highlight for me, got sick of seek and destroy after a kid played everyday in music class
If Kill 'em All is the case, I just have to say one thing:

The Four Horsemen
Quote by Thomblin
If Kill 'em All is the case, I just have to say one thing:

The Four Horsemen

You mean Mechanix right?
didnt they win a grammy??

hah death magnetic isnt very grammy worthy if you ask me..... its just that theyre metallica
ya, i got use to jammin seek and destroy with my band. we did it like twice as fast, so now i cant listen to it without thinking... why did they do it so slow
Yeah, the guy that started the original thread deleted it, I'm assuming just because he can.

On topic, I actually haven't listened to Metallica in a looooooong time. I have nothing against them, just haven't really had an urge to.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
OMG, first page of Tallicar thread, I r 1337.

I only like AJFA and middle solo from The Four Horsemen by the boys now, everything else either whacks me with indifference or hatred.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by mikey son
You mean Mechanix right?

Well, even though I like Megadeth more then Metallica, I think Metallica's got the best version of the song. Megadeths version is so..hmm..how should I describe it...

Badly produced, the bass volume goes up and down all the time, and the guitar is just too fast, all you hear is a big mess. But hey, it was they're first album, they didn't have the economy.

Metallica knew that they were short on cash, and therefore decided to play it nice and slow.
Did the old thread get deleted due to size, or what happened?
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Morbid_Death is laughing at your confusion as we speak.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I can't listen to Kill 'Em All. At all. The only reason I can listen to Seek and Destroy is because I learnt how to play it out of a magazine.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I can't stand Kirk Hammett's lead playing. I never understood why so many people love him.
Quote by Guitarmike123

NOOOO LIFE 'TILL LEATHER!! WE'RE GONNA KICK SOME ASS TOOONIIIGHHT!!
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
ya, listening to their post Black Album stuff can really piss you off thinking how such a great band could really fuck their sound up so bad.
Quote by IronMaiden5
I can't stand Kirk Hammett's lead playing. I never understood why so many people love him.

lollerskates, after seeing him in the DVD Some Kind of Monster, I just laugh whenever i see him in anything metal
My parents think I'm smart.... I am a master of optical illusions
2nd page? Maybe?

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
My favorite off KEA is Phantom Lord, mainly because of the clean part. Don't know why. *shrugs*
^Phantom Lord is a helluva tune. They should play it more often. And No Remorse.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Alright, so I'm just gettin into Metallica, what album do I get first? I'm lookin at they're early stuff.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, Kill 'Em All, ...And Justice for All

in that order. Dont bother with the rest, it sucks.
Quote by bry0n
Alright, so I'm just gettin into Metallica, what album do I get first? I'm lookin at they're early stuff.

Kill em all or Ride the lightning.
Quote by mikey son

That tone is so horrible... What the fuck!?
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
You guys know it's fake right? It's not far from his real tone though. Over 9000 wah's suck your tone by a generous amount.
I know it's fake, but the tone is still just so awful...
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by \Powerslave/
You guys know it's fake right? It's not far from his real tone though. Over 9000 wah's suck your tone by a generous amount.

Well his tone isn't THAT sucky... damn it, he has nice amps, and I want one. Actually, I'd rather have one of James' VH4's...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Focal Alpha 65 monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.