Summary of what this thread will be...
"I hate Kirk's lead"
"Death Magnetic sucks and has bad sound quality"
"My favorite album is KEA, MOP, etc."
"My favorite songs are..."
"Everything after Black album sucks"
"Megadeth vs. Metallica"
"First (insert number) albums are best"
what happened to the ONLY metallica thread?

anyway, kirk messing the rythm guitar could happen to anyone.don't tell me you get everything right from the first tries? And imagine during one day of recording an album how many riffs he might have played,over and over and over again...the ear starts to lose flexibility.
Quote by ninelgolescu

anyway, kirk messing the rythm guitar could happen to anyone.don't tell me you get everything right from the first tries? And imagine during one day of recording an album how many riffs he might have played,over and over and over again...the ear starts to lose flexibility.

What the fuck does that mean?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by ninelgolescu

Uh...what? To put it kindly, no it doesn't. really, i'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by Spengebaab
"I hate Kirk's lead"
"Death Magnetic sucks and has bad sound quality"
"My favorite album is KEA, MOP, etc."
"My favorite songs are..."
"Everything after Black album sucks"
"Megadeth vs. Metallica"
"First (insert number) albums are best"

u mad? lol
no, that actually seems like a pretty good prediction.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat
no, that actually seems like a pretty good prediction.

u mad, lol
u gay? olololololololol
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by mikey son
u mad, lol

what a thoughtful and intelligent response.
yeah, pretty much. so...metallica...they be music.
Quote by MetalMessiah665
What the fuck does that mean?

i mean, you try recording for 6-7 hours the same fricking riffs, it becomes mechanical and it can easily *uck with your musical skill (like feeling a rithm) and your mind.
Jesus, you people are kind of cocky,aren't you?
Quote by ninelgolescu
i mean, you try recording for 6-7 hours the same fricking riffs, it becomes mechanical and it can easily *uck with your musical skill (like feeling a rithm) and your mind.

haw haw haw he said cock.

EDIT: But seriously, "the ear losing its flexibility" just doesn't make sense...
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Feb 11, 2009,
I'm Romanian and in Romanian there's and expression and to translate it mot-a-mot it's "musical ear"...you understand?
A term which defines the musical feeling of rythm .
Last edited by ninelgolescu at Feb 11, 2009,
Alright.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by ninelgolescu

I see two ways to interpret this. A) the fact that he plays repetitive music is now an excuse, which just doesn't make sense. or B) you're saying that anyone who's recording an album should do this, but that's clearly not the case. if it was, then he wouldn't have been marked for screwing up. the fact that he has to do what everyone else in the field has to do isn't an excuse, either.
You're telling me that professional musicians don't screw up from time to time? I find it hard to believe especially when rehearsing a song on which each band member can have a different approach at the beginning.
Also, playing for hours in a row in a rehearsal room can sometimes kill the whole fun of it.

I'm not saying kirk is the most technical guitarist,but things like that happen.
Im a music noob and right now im going back and forth from listening to 80's metallica and iron maiden and if i continue at this pace my head will explode. XD
Quote by flakeoff101
Im a music noob and right now im going back and forth from listening to 80's metallica and iron maiden and if i continue at this pace my head will explode. XD

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Remember that old guy that typed in big font the other day saying metal hurts his ears. . . . thats that guy
Oh... I understand completely then.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Sigh. There goes most of my post count, along with the old thread.

Fantastic.

On topic - when the **** will Metallica come to Australia? Apparently they're back to US in September, which sucks ****ing balls. "The World" includes more than US and Europe, dicks.
^ I wouldn't worry about it too much, they're probably going to be touring in support of Death Magnetic for the next 15 years or so. They missed me in Canada on their first go too, so hopefully they'll hit our countries sometime soon.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
What he's referring is actually proven and I've heard musicians say that they're about to leave the studio because they need to "refresh their ears"
Quote by Spengebaab
"Everything after ...and justice for all sucks"

fixed for you
Quote by b35ty
Sigh. There goes most of my post count, along with the old thread.

Fantastic.

On topic - when the **** will Metallica come to Australia? Apparently they're back to US in September, which sucks ****ing balls. "The World" includes more than US and Europe, dicks.

They've already come out and said that any plans they had to tour Aus (around October 09 was the last estimate I heard) were cut short by the economy sucking. They (the promoter) was worried that the finacial crisis would cut ticket sales and that the currency exchange being almost half now would cut profits.

Yes. Because the first Australian Metallica tour since 2004 totally wouldn't sell out in about 3.7 seconds.
Quote by IronMaiden5
I can't stand Kirk Hammett's lead playing. I never understood why so many people love him.

Then you wont be pleased to hear he was voted best guitarist of 2008 by Metal Hammer's very gr1m and trve readers. I gave up on that magazine almost there and then.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by mikey son
You mean Mechanix right?

I like Metallica's version better (I do like Megadeth's), but I feel like Metallica's is much tighter, where as at parts Megadeth's seems a little loss/just not clicking properly.