Page 3 of 184
There are some parts where he struggles with the vocals in those live videos.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I didn't get the whole 'back to their roots' thing with Death Magnetic...I thought it was more like Load/Reload with some half decent solos thrown in.

Absolutely true my friend. i felt the same way.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I didn't get the whole 'back to their roots' thing with Death Magnetic...I thought it was more like Load/Reload with some half decent solos thrown in.

Your comparing Mama Said to That was Just Your Life??!?!?!

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
I don't see how it's like Load at all. Maybe you need to give both albums another listen.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Well it sure as hell has nothing to do with their early albums.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by mikey son

I should of named the thread "Metalicer"

You should have named the thread "Metalicer"

or

You should've named the thread "Metalicer"

Good grammar folks, use it.
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Well it sure as hell has nothing to do with their early albums.

Sort of agree with that. TWJYL reminds me of something straight off of MOP of AJFA. But most of it doesn't remind me of any of their old stuff or newer stuff. It just sounds like Death Magnetic

So I'm away for a few days and the old 'tallica thread is gone? Whoaa.
Quote by The Kreator
The Day that Never Comes sounds like it was taken right off of load.

I thought it sounded like a thrown-together rehash of One. And am I the only one who heard that part in the solo where it suddenly sounds like Motorbreath?
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by The Kreator
The Day that Never Comes sounds like it was taken right off of load.

Odd, that's the only song I semi like from the album now, and everyone else despises it.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Yeah, I think they tried too hard to recreate one with The Day That Never Comes. But I still think its a good song nonetheless.

Quote by Butt Rayge
You should have named the thread "Metalicer"

or

You should've named the thread "Metalicer"

Good grammar folks, use it.

...listening to To Live is to DIE!!! ya good song
Quote by Leper Messiah
Yeah, I think they tried too hard to recreate one with The Day That Never Comes. But I still think its a good song nonetheless.

I can't explain why, but somehow, I like the song. When I think of its parts, it's terrible... and when I think of how they are combined, it's terrible... but in the end, it isn't that bad.

...would you love me?
Quote by Rhyan_EG
I don't see how it's like Load at all. Maybe you need to give both albums another listen.

The new songs are more similar to the Memory Remains and Fuel than Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning.
RULE BRITANNIA
So...my local rock station seem to LOVE Cyanide and The Day That Never Comes.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
So...my local rock station seem to LOVE Cyanide and The Day That Never Comes.

The rock show of my local radio station understands that playing Metallica = playing All Nightmare Long.

'Alriiiiiiiiiite lads, now that it's about 11pm, something harder for you lot out there! As requested, a Metallica song - All Nightmare Long '

Quote by Deep*Kick
"Hi guys, god here. My son is uber awesome at improvisation, but he can't play cover songs for the life of him. Is he gifted?"
Quote by Markitt
The rock show of my local radio station understands that playing Metallica = playing All Nightmare Long.

'Alriiiiiiiiiite lads, now that it's about 11pm, something harder for you lot out there! As requested, a Metallica song - All Nightmare Long '

I know, rite? Every 2 hours...Suicide, I've already died, etc.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
You can still name it Metalicer, threadstarter. Go on, son. Use your powers for the good of mankin...err....*cough*....UG.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Primus2112

I know, rite? Every 2 hours...Suicide, I've already died, etc.

At least All Nightmare Long is actually a pretty good song.

Be glad they aren't playing the Click Five or even the new Guns N' Roses.
I've discovered this Ukrainian music channel that actually plays Metallica.

The trouble is that they didn't make any videos in the 80s except One...

...would you love me?
What do u guys think abut what the guy from SLIPKNOT said abt Metallica?
i believe it was Chris Fehn but i could be mistaken.

anyhow it made me lose all respect for those nine mask wearing clowns
Sweet, Ryan_EG is gonna be happy!

He was looking for the thread, haha.
I was gonna post my last.fm but I figured I would get slammed for listening to the wrong shit
Quote by Anthony Garden
What do u guys think abut what the guy from SLIPKNOT said abt Metallica?
i believe it was Chris Fehn but i could be mistaken.

anyhow it made me lose all respect for those nine mask wearing clowns

Why, what did he say?
I think Metallica completely ruined themselves with Death Magnetic, but very few can top their old stuff. Imo slipknot isn't one of them, but then again it is a different sub-genre
Quote by Nafon
He said they're gonna overtake Metallica.

Once they make their "Black Album" they'll overtake them.

The guy who said it smashes bins and percussions.

Gotta love irony

I'm actually a decently big Slipknot fan, but they've got a LONG way to go before they leave a legacy as long lasting as Metallica has.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Nope. Metallicas like the Michael Jordan of metal. Incredible for awhile, tried to keep it going, failed, came back with one last decent effort. Slipknot is kinda like the kid that cleaned up the jockeys in MJs locker room. Just my opinion.

As for the DM discussion, I think of it as a record with an old school attitude but a new school feel. Or maybe the other way around. Whatev. But I can see a bit of the 80's, especially AJFA era, but some of the riffs are very 90's-ish. I still love the album though. That Was Just Your Life is their best song in 20 years, in my opinion.
So, without messing with the flow of conversation, what exactly happened to the last Metallica thread?
Lol, back on topic, while I like Slipknot, they, at the moment, are nowhere near the same level as Metallica, any period. To make that claim they really need to start innovating and captivating.
^It's the best I could do. hehe.

I am probably the only one who has posted in this thread that actually likes everything Metallica has done. Yes, Even St. Anger. I don't think artists should be afraid to try new things, especially after 20 years. Of course I missed Kirk's random solo's but..still...It's Metallica. If you are a fan of a band, you should support the things they do, Not saying you can't disagree, but atleast support.

And on the topic of DM...I think it's a really good record. The production could have been alot better, But I'm not sure if that is Rick Rubin's fault or not...

Anyways..to wrap up... I'm just glad Metallica still exists, and that they are moving forward with their Music. Hell I already can't wait for another album, If it happens.
Quote by Bobo Jenkins
^It's the best I could do. hehe.

I am probably the only one who has posted in this thread that actually likes everything Metallica has done. Yes, Even St. Anger. I don't think artists should be afraid to try new things, especially after 20 years. Of course I missed Kirk's random solo's but..still...It's Metallica. If you are a fan of a band, you should support the things they do, Not saying you can't disagree, but atleast support.

And on the topic of DM...I think it's a really good record. The production could have been alot better, But I'm not sure if that is Rick Rubin's fault or not...

Anyways..to wrap up... I'm just glad Metallica still exists, and that they are moving forward with their Music. Hell I already can't wait for another album, If it happens.

I've got to admit, I come from the same ideology. I was introduced to Metallica through Re Load. I liked a few of their songs, and found S&M to introduce me to some of their older stuff.

They're my favourite band because the raw metal energy is still there after all these years. Regardless of how it comes across.
Quote by morbid_death
OMG METALICKA THREAD YOU ARE LEIK BAD ZOMBIE MOVIE I KILLED YOU WILL YOU PLS DIE

k.

Haha, did you really do it by accident? My post count halved, I'll have you know! Good thing I don't really care about my PC though
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Quote by morbid_death
OMG METALICKA THREAD YOU ARE LEIK BAD ZOMBIE MOVIE I KILLED YOU WILL YOU PLS DIE

k.

You sick, sick man.

...would you love me?
What did you guys think of that Kerrang ReMastered thing a few years back? I'm listening to it now, and I quite like it. The one that surprised me the most was the Fightstar cover of Leper Messiah. It seems to really suit his voice for some reason (though I don't normally like Fightstar at all xD)

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM