Hi UG, I currently play a Peavey Windsor head and recently I have been getting into clean melodic riffs (like John Frusciante from the latest three Red Hot Chili Peppers albums) and as you most likely know, the Windsor has no clean channel. So I was thinking of buying a cheapish head that has a clean channel, but I don't want to buy a seperate cab and un-plug my guitar from one head to the other in the middle of a live set ... So is it possible to run two heads through one cabinet then possibley switch between the two mid-song?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Have you tried seeing what tones you get by turning the volume knob down, you'd be surprised how much it can clean up.
Last edited by lewis_grey at Feb 11, 2009,
Quote by lewis_grey
Have tried seeing what tones you get by turning the volume knob down, you'd be surprised how much it can clean up.

+1 to turning the volume knob down on your GUITAR...which is what you meant I hope. Try adding some chorus to clean it up as well.

However, if this doesn't work, you could also do what I do with mine. I A/B it with a Crate v18 combo. I use the combo for cleans, Windsor for distortion.
Quote by eyebanez333
+1 to turning the volume knob down on your GUITAR...which is what you meant I hope. Try adding some chorus to clean it up as well.

However, if this doesn't work, you could also do what I do with mine. I A/B it with a Crate v18 combo. I use the combo for cleans, Windsor for distortion.

ah yes, I should have outlined that I meant the 'guitar' volume knob lol
Quote by lewis_grey
ah yes, I should have outlined that I meant the 'guitar' volume knob lol

would this work even if i had the amp loud?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
would this work even if i had the amp loud?

yes. it should clean the sound up. Picking dynamics also come into play here. The softer you pick, the cleaner the sound.