Page 1 of 3
Hey bhoys, i'm doing this because i searched the bar and nothing appeared.

Feel free to chat about the new super-exciting FM 2009 pc game.

Tactics? bring em over

Talents? share

Records? appreciated

Yup...

I am starting my self

I currently manage Cisco Roma Serie C2 Italy
In that club exists the biggest talent of the game, Mascio, 17 yrs and deathly cheap, an MC.
He is a fake player tho, like To Madeira in the older managers

Cmon, your turn...

Don't flame if this epic fail
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
I started unemployed and am at Weymouth in a big relegation dog-fight

Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I'm 5 years into my Football Manager 07 game with Man Utd...won the ECC and the League 3 times and I'm now 19th in the hall of fame. It's really hard because 5 years in, all the good players are now shit and you don't have a clue who's good or not, you really have to depend on your youth players and scouts.
RULE BRITANNIA
FM09 does my head in.

It's a really, really good game but it's just so damn slow.
My Leeds game is only a few games in, however doing alright, won 4 out of 5 i think.

Still prefer FM08 and CM 01/02 for now though.

However i'll see what the new patch makes 09 like, as I want to getinto it.
Quote by cam_sampbell
I started unemployed and am at Weymouth in a big relegation dog-fight

what division is that?

can i give you any tactics tips?

have you found your tactic yet?

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

I'm 2nd by a point to Reading in the Championship after about 15 games. Hadn't played it for quite a while up until last week.

I use a 4-4-2/4-2-4 (high wingers) that I evolved from a 4-5-1 my mate had downloaded that had lots of arrows all over the place
hm
i play 442 with the MR/ML havin an arrow and the one MC too
i set the other MC to DMC instructions

also i make my strikers swap positions coz they are much similar in their stats and they would be quite easy marking targets otherwise.

I highly recomend choosing the "Set To" instuctions.
And putting team passing to Mixed, letting every position using it's own "Set To" passing

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

I'm Newport County is the conference. Currently on a winning streak.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I'm 5 years into my Football Manager 07 game with Man Utd...won the ECC and the League 3 times and I'm now 19th in the hall of fame. It's really hard because 5 years in, all the good players are now shit and you don't have a clue who's good or not, you really have to depend on your youth players and scouts.

If you have a biggish database and all attributes are shown (i.e, not masked) then just go to all top-flight clubs under 19s teams and put the list in order of whatever you're looking for (usually 'technical', 'positioning', or 'handling' depending on type). When you find someone with a high rating in one of those just take a quick look at the rest of the stats, if they're not to your fancy, move on to the next one.

You can usually find gems this way that scouts (they're useless, I don't need telling Wayne Rooney is a prospect thanks) wouldn't normally ever see.

Then just offer a contract. Annoyingly, regens after the 1st season stay at their clubs for about 6 months, even if they're a small side and you're freaking Real Madrid.
Last edited by Don_Humpador at Feb 11, 2009,
I started unemployed with Sunday league reputation and I'm now 3rd in the Blue Square South with Braintree Town. It's quite fun.

A tip is that Barcelona often let Bojan go at the end of the season and teams like West Brom can sometimes get him.
Last edited by Nacho_Novo at Feb 11, 2009,
Quote by Don_Humpador
If you have a biggish database and all attributes are shown (i.e, not masked) then just go to all top-flight clubs under 19s teams and put the list in order of whatever you're looking for (usually 'technical', 'positioning', or 'handling' depending on type). When you find someone with a high rating in one of those just take a quick look at the rest of the stats, if they're not to your fancy, move on to the next one.

You can usually find gems this way that scouts (they're useless, I don't need telling Wayne Rooney is a prospect thanks) wouldn't normally ever see.

Then just offer a contract. Annoyingly, regens after the 1st season stay at their clubs for about 6 months, even if they're a small side and you're freaking Real Madrid.

Aye, most of my big name players are unknowns that I signed at the age of 17 and are now 20/21. Funny really
John Fleck (hero) and Chris Ross are both doing really well for me just now.
RULE BRITANNIA
i just started it and am findin it waii hard
Last edited by Xpertie at Feb 11, 2009,
I went newcastle (f*ck knows why), and then got bought over by some rich dude. So, provided I don't get sacked before the transfer window, I will have 94m to spend
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
I think this FM is harder than FM 08 but I do think that is a good thing.

And my great Aunt lives in Elgin.
Guys all you buy Mascio
Cisco Roma
That guy is an MC and has scored 20 goals in 30 matches for me.
I just won Serie C2B with 15 points more than the second.
I had actually finished the deal about 6 matches before the end of the seaso
Serie C i am coming

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

Man Utd in season 2016, FM08. Found some absolute gems of young players just getting good. Oddly most of them are Dutch too, but one is my captain. Mahmoudou(sp?) Sakho is someone to get ASAP, he becomes one of the greats in the game and is my current captain. only 18 or so at the start too and plays for one of the top French teams. Similar thing for Hugo Lloris of OCG Nice, great keeper.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by Xpertie
Nice, What team do u go?? elgin city just lose everythin or draw

Yuck, Jesus, your avatar is disgusting.
I'm still playing FM 06

One of the bad things about regens is if you're in somewhere like, say, Germany, you get all your regens from Italy, or they're German and have stupid Italians. Hardly important but it gets on my nerves.
Quote by Xpertie
Its Lovely Hrm 3 - 0 At weekend i predict

Lol, we will beat you at the terroristdome again, I'm sure of it.
Quote by pwnerer
I play with Barca, won champ league 3 times in a row... sorta easy

orighty thur comrade...

oh and

Aberdeen FTW

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

I haven't played it much, was Bristol Rovers and got about half a season in before I got bored.
I remember CM03-04 used to be amazing, I would be Hull everytime and you would get 500k in div 3. I won the FA cup in my first season once.
TRANSFORMICE

I'm doing good with my Birmingham City team. I got promoted into the prem but now i've played 4 games and lost all 4 about 5-0.
Quote by KenMasters
what division is that?

can i give you any tactics tips?

have you found your tactic yet?

Tis in the Blue Square Premier

and fire away please

All my tactics fail
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Simple tactics are best in the lower leagues. I always play 4-4-2 pretty much. Play pushed up as well. That works for me.
I suck at it. I'm awesome at Champ Man though
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Ah thanks alot
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
What I miss about the old champ man series' is the way you could move your players when they were in a certain zone. It made you able to organize a defence properly and set up a team which could hold on to the ball nicely, rather than just a few sliders to give a general direction to your team.

Also, for any tips concerning lower league players, just buy players with a bit of pace, you'll win leagues easy.
Page 1 of 3