I need more volume. I have a hard time jamming with my buddies, because I get buried underneath the drums. Currently, I have a Line 6 spider II 75w combo, with 1 12 inch celestion speaker. Would it be advisable to use the output jack to hook up to a speaker cab. I'm thinking a 4x12
Gear:
Line 6 Spider II 75w combo
Custom Ibanez RG470 (many JEM style mods)
Fender deluxe player's strat (mexican)
Boss MT-2, DS-2, NS-2
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Cabs wont give you more volume they just back you sound fuller. IMO you should save up and put it towrds a new amp.
I can, it's just that the sound REALLY breaks up at volumes higher that about 5. Also, it would be able to completely overpower the drums, but in our practice space, the drums resonate and reverberate, where as my amp just doesn't at all.
Gear:
Boss MT-2, DS-2, NS-2
Has your Spider diconectable speakers?
If so, you could just buy a nice tubepoweramp instead of a 4x12, and this would make much more difference in Volume than a 4x12 (which would do no dif at all).
I don't know if anybody has done this before and how it would sound, though. Just a idea that came to my mind...
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
I was also wondering if running my amp to a nice PA would work. Like, maybe a 400w PA with a couple cabs. I hope to be able to gig soon. My gear just doesn't allow for that at the moment
Gear:
Boss MT-2, DS-2, NS-2
Quote by CWA01
I can, it's just that the sound REALLY breaks up at volumes higher that about 5. Also, it would be able to completely overpower the drums, but in our practice space, the drums resonate and reverberate, where as my amp just doesn't at all.

Thats called clipping... Its not the speaker its your amp and even hooking it up to 20 cabs wont help the issue. It's time for a new amp...
Yeah, unfortunately. I love my amp, but I guess I'll have to get a new one eventually. One of the reasons I thought of a cab was that at my local guitar shop, they have the 75w spider 2 head hooked up to a 4x12, and it's WAY louder than mine, and doesn't have as much of a problem with clipping
Gear:
Boss MT-2, DS-2, NS-2
Quote by CWA01
Yeah, unfortunately. I love my amp, but I guess I'll have to get a new one eventually. One of the reasons I thought of a cab was that at my local guitar shop, they have the 75w spider 2 head hooked up to a 4x12, and it's WAY louder than mine, and doesn't have as much of a problem with clipping

You were probably looking at the stereo version of the head. Which would be 75w x2