I hope this is the right place for this post o well. Jim root of slipknot when seen in photos always has like a black band around his top 3 fingers i would like to know what this is and what is it used for!
He might have another use for it but im almost positive he is using it to mute the strings. But I do know its a hair band and there generally used for string muting...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Feb 11, 2009,
maybe he tapes his fingers, like Kirk Hamett. i think it may be so he cant open his hand and drop his pick, but don't quote me on that. it's just an assumption. off topic, i do know that he puts condoms on his wireless packs so they don't get wet.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
maybe he tapes his fingers, like Kirk Hamett. i think it may be so he cant open his hand and drop his pick, but don't quote me on that. it's just an assumption. off topic, i do know that he puts condoms on his wireless packs so they don't get wet.

Kirk tapes his hand because he generally plays for hours on end and due to all the palm muting he does the floyd cuts up his hand pretty bad so the tape stops him from bleeding all over his guitar and so on. Also a side benefit is less drag.
And I found your answer...

Jim Root
"It's a hair tie. That's it. Just a place to keep it so I don't lose it. When my hair grows out I can't stop frippin with it... Tying it up... let it down and so on.
So I keep it on those fingers out of habit and forget it's there. No one probably noticed it with Slipknot because my hair was short for every record cycle with the exception of the last part of the Subliminal tour...".
KK thats what I though it was I just wasent for certin I saw them live and noticed it and wasnt sure!