This has been bugging me for a while now and I can't figure out what's happened. For about a month or so now, I've had this problem with bending strings. I'll try my best to explain it but it's kinda hard to do it clearly

Pretty much, if i try and do even just a half-bend and then try and vibrato on the G, B or high E string, my fingers end up touching the 2 strings below it, which causes the lower one to vibrate as an open string. So I'll do the bend and then as I start the vibrato (sometimes this happens even if I just do a wide vibrato), the string 2 below the one I'm meant to be playing gets hit and starts ringing.

I know it's not extremely clear, but if anyone knows what I'm talking about can they help me out please?
you need to focus on keeping your right hand near the strings to mute them, almost like a palm mute.

also, try to elevate your left hand, so that the fingers have less chance of hitting the string altogether.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You are a bad man...I like you

Quote by gillehy
you sir should be knighted

Quote by Sleaze Disease

It's so true.

I

MUSIC!!!
Try to bend so that you catch the strings below it on the end of your finger, just underneath your fingernail (if you get me), numbing them.

Works for me, but I dont keep my nails very short, so I dunno if it'll work the same if you have no nails.
Quote by dantheman558
you need to focus on keeping your right hand near the strings to mute them, almost like a palm mute.

also, try to elevate your left hand, so that the fingers have less chance of hitting the string altogether.

It's not that my fingers are touching the strings because they're so far on the strings, it's because the strings are getting pushed so far that they bunch up with the other strings when I bend them. Does this happen to everyone? Do you just have to mute the strings like you said?