So i now have the 3 guitars i want, most of the pedals ( a metal muff and a orig dunlop wah) and now i need an amp. I love the tube sound, but i want something that can play metal, then i switch to my lp and it will play blues, then switch to my strat and it will play country/ rock without loss of sound quality. Looking for something ~50 w~ cause i play small gigs and such... i need suggestions, i have no idea what to look at. My price range is ~800 bucks as a ABSOLOUTE max, id prefer ~500

Thanks in advance for the help
~Defiant~
For that price range, I'd look at a Bugera 6262. I'm saving for one myself. Very versatile amps. And if you have a tech look it over before you play it...you shouldn't have to worry about the QC horror stories you read on here.
A Bugera would be a huge waste for that imo.

Get a Peavey Classic 30.

*edit* Blah I totally missed the Metal part! What do you spend most of your time playing out of those?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Feb 11, 2009,
get a Roland Cube 60 (only 10 more watts) it is very versitile, what I used for small gigs so i know from experience. I have a dean V (metal) a Epiphone Dot Studio (Blues) and a Fender Strat (Rock) they all sound apropriate and the multiple distortion models helps out as well
Oh Hey look at my signature
metal, i mostly play melodic metal, dipping into stuff like lamb of god, all that remains, this and that, the stuff i play the most is prolly blues, but metal\rock is second... and Winnipeg canada is my actual city, why you ask? Why i went backwards, i have a 10 watt tube amp that kicks butt, but is just not enough anymore not loud enough, not enough quality, its starting to fuzz etc. My pedals are a metal muff and a dunlop cry baby origional and on order is a boss echo pedal and a flanger. As for the money, i make 500 cdn a week and have no bills other than rent, my phone and my internet totalling at 440 a month so.... you do the math 2 grand -440 = lots of money left over for booze and guitar stuff = win i think i answered all the questions
~Defiant~
Quote by MatrixClaw
A Bugera would be a huge waste for that imo.

Get a Peavey Classic 30.

*edit* Blah I totally missed the Metal part! What do you spend most of your time playing out of those?

Watch some of the vids on the 6262. Its a VERY versatile amp and will easily cover the genres he listed. My buddy has one and he took it in when he first got it to have it looked over and nothing was wrong with his...$50 for the checkup. Hes had it for awhile now and its going strong and it sounds amazing.
Quote by eyebanez333
Watch some of the vids on the 6262. Its a VERY versatile amp and will easily cover the genres he listed. My buddy has one and he took it in when he first got it to have it looked over and nothing was wrong with his...$50 for the checkup. Hes had it for awhile now and its going strong and it sounds amazing.

The only reason I said that is cause I didn't see that he said metal at the beginning, for playing the others listed, there's better amps out there, but it might actually be a decent choice for what he wants.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by adyingpassion
Try an orange tiny terror combo

Not the best choice for metal...............and the Bugera will most likely crap out on you.
I know that Mesa/Boogies are sold in Canada an i guess you COULD find a USED Mesa/Boogie F-30 or a Mesa/Boogie Dc 3 for $700.........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
if 20 watts tube is enough for you, i'd try out the krank revolution jr. pretty versatile imo
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
ill look into the mesa and the bugera, thanks for the advice guys
~Defiant~