they're french handmade (im pretty sure) guitars
great cause they basically charge for the parts used to very affordable very high end guitars.
That guitar is bullshiet to me. Check out the excalibur instead
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
The best high end strat-style guitars I've tried, and apparently the new singlecut model is the **** too.
Fantastic necks, super-low buzz free action, and great tone. Highly recommended.
Quote by InfantofPrague
What's the deal with these? They seem pretty high end... Anybody play one? Are they French? There is this guy with a French accent presenting it in Namm:

http://lp-shaped-guitar.vigier.en.audiofanzine.com/videos/index,action,play,id_video,212,idproduit,140197.html

Bonsaischaap, a UGer has two Vigiers. PM him for more info, he's willing to chat about them for ages.

To Nolly, how would you compare your Blackmachines to them? I thought Blackmachines were the best in the world! (According to you and many many other forums )
Quote by Mwoit
To Nolly, how would you compare your Blackmachines to them? I thought Blackmachines were the best in the world! (According to you and many many other forums )

Oh, no comparison at all. It'd be unfair to use a BM as the yardstick, so I tend to disqualify them when I'm talking about other guitars.
Quote by Mwoit
Bonsaischaap, a UGer has two Vigiers. PM him for more info, he's willing to chat about them for ages.

Most certainly.

Like Mwoit said, I'm the proud owner of two Vigier guitars:

I absolutely love these things.

Apart from being incredibly well built from high quality materials, they all come with a few cool features:

The 10/90 neck: the necks are 90% maple and 10% carbon fiber. This means they don't warp and there's no need for a truss rod. I've never heard anyone complain about a warped neck and mine are perfectly straight.

Quality electronics: like most high-end guitars they come with some nice pickups and electronics.

Trem equipped models feature Vigier's own tremolo systems, which have bearings in stead of knife edges. The tremolo on my Indus stays in tune just fine despite it's non-locking design.

Fretless models have Vigier's "Delta metal fingerboard", giving them more sustain than other fretless guitars. Another advantage is that it doesn't wear as easily as wooden fretboards. I read somewhere that in the 20+ years they've been making fretless guitars like this they've never had to replace a single fingerboard.

If you want to know anything else about Vigier, feel free to ask.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 11, 2009,
Vigier are really high end stuff. For their price, you will not find anything better. (Maybe Excaliber, but that is up to personal preference.)
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Wow! Now I am excited...nobody ever talks about them...

Bonsaischaap (interesting name BTW), they look sweet! Just curious how did you get into Vigier? As it seems to be a niche..
they're very nice indeed. i just don't like the slightly narrow necks (but that's personal preference), but other than that, very nice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by InfantofPrague
Wow! Now I am excited...nobody ever talks about them...

Bonsaischaap (interesting name BTW), they look sweet! Just curious how did you get into Vigier? As it seems to be a niche..

I originally wanted a Vigier fretless (because of their metal fingerboard and lack of truss rod), but they were impossible to find. After searching for months I got a PM from a store in Italy (the Shred factory; it's a good place to find a lot of Vigier instruments) who told me they had one coming in (they knew I was looking for one because of my posts on the Vigier message board). Then not too long ago I picked up the Indus from a semi-local store.

As for my name, I picked it for two reasons: I didn't want a name with random numbers (like Xmetal666XxXW00t) and I wanted a name no one else was using
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 21, 2009,