Page 1 of 2
I've heard some really bad reviews about EHX's holy grail. . . hissing and not working and it not turning on...

is all this stuff actually true?
I have one and it doesn't add any noise at all and has not failed in the year or so I've had it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well I had one for a bit over a year, and it suddenly wouldn't turn on. But I replaced it with a Holy Grail plus and I like it even better, It is built sturdier so I hope it lasts.
mmm i really want a reverb pedal, and when i go searching i always come back to the holy grails. . . i may go holy grail plus.

i guess theyre not true bypass? lol
I am NOT a fan of the Holy Grail, never will be because I know what else is out there. Rack solutions FTW, re: Reverbs, or real spring reverbs for those going for that

I think these KILL it:

These all suck. Fender Tube, Long Spring Reverb FTW.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
excuse me, zachman, we DON'T need pictures EVERYTIME you post something, please refrain from doing that, for alot of people it makes it harder to load the page and it's just plain annoying.

I do agree with the nova reverb though
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
excuse me, zachman, we DON'T need pictures EVERYTIME you post something, please refrain from doing that, for alot of people it makes it harder to load the page and it's just plain annoying.

"EVERYTIME"???????

"We"????????

I don't post pics EVERY TIME I post.

Please refrain from making sweeping generalizations, that are false. It's just plain annoying, as it seems so petty. No load time issues here because of pics that I OR others load. Perhaps you need to check your internet connection dial up speed?

Quote by lespaul#1
These all suck. Fender Tube, Long Spring Reverb FTW.

Is that your suggestion for a 196 meter high hall, prerequisite, or a 12' Plate Reverb? C'mon now
Last edited by zachman5150 at Feb 11, 2009,
Mine works fine, but for other dial up isn't so good with pictures, and more than 3/4 of your posts that are "helpful" have pictures in them, they get annoying, please stop thats all I ask, we don't need pictures if the TS asks for one fine but if not it's a waste and spam in some respects.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by gilmourish
I've heard some really bad reviews about EHX's holy grail. . . hissing and not working and it not turning on...

Probably, even Mercedes Benz kicks out a lemon once in a while. It's a decent pedal, but as stated once you start looking at other options, there are better alternatives. Some affordable rack units have very good reverb and other effects as well.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I was just kidding.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
I was just kidding.

I see my humor circuit was bypassed. Problem now rectified.

Sorry about that

Quote by Bostonrocks
Mine works fine, but for other dial up isn't so good with pictures, and more than 3/4 of your posts that are "helpful" have pictures in them, they get annoying, please stop thats all I ask, we don't need pictures if the TS asks for one fine but if not it's a waste and spam in some respects.

I am assuming you're a moderator, so IF that is your policy... Fine, but it seems very arbitrary to me, and isn't anywhere in the TOS that I can find. It's like going to a car show and not having any cars to look at. BORING

Re; the 3/4 of my "helpful" posts having pics-- That indicates to me, that having pics is MORE helpful than not... But Cool. It's your sandbox

No more pics from ANYONE unless they're asked for... Got it. I'll be sure to PM you whenever I see an infringement-- so you can crack down on those who violate the NEW TOS policy.

Spam... That is a HUGE stretch though, as none of this stuff is offered for sale by me.
No I"m not a Mod you can do what you want, BUT it does get annoying and it's not just me who finds it annoying.

I would definatly appreciate it if pictures were asked for before you post them.

The reason I said spam is it gets to the point where you're always posting pics of YOUR gear and you're just showing off, I don't have a problem with showing off your gear now and then put in alot of the threads you post some picture of your gear and you come off as a jerk sometimes.

I'm not saying your NOT helpful I'm saying you are but we could do without the pictures thats all

here is an idea why not just give LINKS to the pictures not actually post the pictures then if people don't want to see they don't have to and it makes loading eaiser.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Feb 11, 2009,
It depends what you want to do with it. IMO, for simply adding some light reverb to clean parts or leads, or while recording, it's wonderful for the price if you're looking for a stompbox. For longer decay times and high mix settings, it's pretty useless compared to a Verbzill or RV-3. Keep in mind we're talking low-budget stompboxes here.

Zachman - great pedals but obviously not what the TS is looking for. Those cost 3 times as much as a Holy Grail.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by Bostonrocks
No I"m not a Mod you can do what you want, BUT it does get annoying and it's not just me who finds it annoying.

I don't recommend living life-- walking on eggshells afraid that someone with a chip on their shoulder may get annoyed.

Quote by Bostonrocks
I would definatly appreciate it if pictures were asked for before you post them.

I would appreciate you follow your own prescription, unlike the plexi Eric johnson thread where no one asked for a pic where you state you were going to post a pic but someone beat you to it. Hypocrites are truly annoying.

Quote by Bostonrocks
The reason I said spam is it gets to the point where you're always posting pics of YOUR gear and you're just showing off, I don't have a problem with showing off your gear now and then put in alot of the threads you post some picture of your gear and you come off as a jerk sometimes.

Ummm okay, THAT isn't what spam is

Quote by Bostonrocks
I'm not saying your NOT helpful I'm saying you are but we could do without the pictures thats all.

I have had several comments from people who appreciate the pics, so.......... I will continue to NOT post pics in EVERY post and continue to post them when "I" feel it's appropriate, without worrying about those who might feel their impulse control mechanism to protest is being overloaded.

Kayyy Thanks

Quote by Bostonrocks
here is an idea why not just give LINKS to the pictures not actually post the pictures then if people don't want to see they don't have to and it makes loading eaiser.

I don't want to risk appearing that I am spamming worthy products, by linking to a manufacturer's or Distributors website.

Quote by xwearesinking

Zachman - great pedals but obviously not what the TS is looking for. Those cost 3 times as much as a Holy Grail.

Quote by gilmourish

Ahhh... I didn't get "What the OP was looking for" from his post here ^^^

My bad
Quote by zachman5150

I don't want to risk appearing that I am spamming worthy products, by linking to a manufacturer's or Distributors website.

It's convenient, to me at least. Sure, a lot UGer's don't bother clicking the links, but you shouldn't be expecting much from them anyway.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Bostonrocks

I'm not saying your NOT helpful I'm saying you are but we could do without the pictures thats all

Get your head out of your arse and thank the proverbial lord that someone with a large amount of excellent gear and experience is trying to help.
Quote by aznrockerdude
It's convenient, to me at least. Sure, a lot UGer's don't bother clicking the links, but you shouldn't be expecting much from them anyway.

I understand and agree however since that makes sense; I've been previously warned by a moderator that THAT IS considered spamming and grounds for banning, so NOT gonna do it.

Quote by Retro Rocker
Get your head out of your arse and thank the proverbial lord that someone with a large amount of excellent gear and experience is trying to help.

THANK YOU VERY VERY Much Sir, for watching my back. I appreciate it. Anything I can do to help you just say the word and I'll do what I can.

Quote by Bostonrocks
the EJ thead was different,there was good reason for pictures, most of the time you just post em to post em.

but do what you want I don't care. compensation?

No it IS EXACTLY the same.... You could've-- just as you suggested I do, posted a link, and complained that the guys who didn't shold have.

Clearly you have an issue with me and my gear. Pffftttt.... I can live with that.
Quote by Retro Rocker

Boston has his head in his arse? Looks like you have your head in zachman's arse, if that's his thing.

There are tons of people with "large amounts of excellent gear and experience", they just don't feel the need to show it off.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

the EJ thead was different,there was good reason for pictures, most of the time you just post em to post em.

Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Feb 11, 2009,
Why do people insist on picking fights?

Anyway, it's decent. There are better. Just like about 95% of all guitar products made.
Quote by xwearesinking
Boston has his head in his arse? Looks like you have your head in zachman's arse, if that's his thing.

There are tons of people with "large amounts of excellent gear and experience", they just don't feel the need to show it off.

Lots of guys feeling the need to be objectionable today apparently. I didn't post one pic of my gear here. Not showing off ANYTHING of mine here.

It's fine, I don't sweat jealous haters. Bottom line is, I am not here for my own benefit. I am here to offer help. If you guys don't want my help-- feel free to ignore my suggestions. If you don't like seeing pics of equipment, feel free to keep that bit of useless info to yourselves.

Not everyone feels the same way you do
I'm not gonna deny you have some GREAT gear but you don't need too post pics all over the place.

but whatever.I'm done arguing I don't want either of us to get banned
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by zachman5150
Lots of guys feeling the need to be objectionable today apparently. I didn't post one pic of my gear here. Not showing off ANYTHING of mine here.

It's fine, I don't sweat jealous haters. Bottom line is, I am not here for my own benefit. I am here to offer help. If you guys don't want my help-- feel free to ignore my suggestions. If you don't like seeing pics of equipment, feel free to keep that bit of useless info to yourselves.

Not everyone feels the same way you do

It seems like every time you respond to one of my comments, you miss my point. I was commenting on how that poster was worshipping you because of your wicked gear. I was pointing out that you aren't the only person on this forum with nice gear and experience. He may think that because of how many times your rig has been posted on this forum within the past little while.

I honestly do not understand how you are able to twist my words like that.

edit: About the help thing.. if I had made this thread inquiring about the faults of the EHX Holy Grail, I as the TS would not consider pictures of other, much more expensive reverb pedals to be particularly helpful. A $369 boutique reverb pedal is obviously going to be better than a $120 EHX pedal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last edited by xwearesinking at Feb 11, 2009,
I agree with zachman,adding pics of gear keeps the thread interesting and offers an alternative to the holy grail but if TS is looking @ holy grails, its kind of assumed those are out of his range
and it's kind of a given that those pedals will pwn a holy grail, but i cant see anything objectionable about posting relevant pics of gear, this is a gear forum

TS: the Holy grail's really popular, and it's generally reliable
and sounds good if you power it properly, but theres not a huge degree of tweaking available, and as zachman has demonstrated there are better pedals out there, you'll have to sell your body to science to afford them, but they're out there
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Shut it up, shut it up you guys.
Now back to our original programming....??
The holy grail it's decent so far, you need to use it's adapter though >. With the boss adapter I was using it would sometimes turn on but no sound.
If it had a volume control it'd be a lot better. Holy Grail Plus has that? It's seems either you have some reverb that isn't quite audible or you have total saturation... unless you tweak things just right, then you can get a decent medium. I like the tone but haven't had much to compare to.
Quote by Bostonrocks

No.... It is EXACTLY the same, not different. I post pics where appropriate ex. in show your rigs threads, in an attempt to illustrate using the same gear as another poster, and an alternate way of routing it, etc...

Now it's do what I want- and you don't care... It would've been great if you just didn't say anything in the 1st place since you "don't care". What a useless waste of time. Thanks

Quote by xwearesinking
It seems like every time you respond to one of my comments, you miss my point. I was commenting on how that poster was worshipping you because of your wicked gear. I was pointing out that you aren't the only person on this forum with nice gear and experience. He may think that because of how many times your rig has been posted on this forum within the past little while.

I honestly do not understand how you are able to twist my words like that.

edit: About the help thing.. if I had made this thread inquiring about the faults of the EHX Holy Grail, I as the TS would not consider pictures of other, much more expensive reverb pedals to be particularly helpful. A $369 boutique reverb pedal is obviously going to be better than a $120 EHX pedal.

The thing is-- I didn't assume he was asking for himself. He could have been asking to help answer the question for a friend for all I know.

I wasn't twisting your words or missing your point at all. I think it was quite the opposite.

First I got accused of posting pics in EVERY post. (FALSE)
Then, I get accused of Spamming (FALSE)
Then I get accused of posting pics in EVERY post of MY gear to showoff (FALSE)

Clearly some guys take issue with pictures being posted. It appears that they mainly object to pics posted by "me" whether it's of "my" gear or not.

It's also clear that there are others who like it (myself included), so those are the guys who I am more likely to be on the same page as, in terms of what is preferred.

The saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words", comes to mind.

Feel free to give it a rest.

IF there are ANY mods reading this, please ask these guys-- who are clearly ONLY interested in starting a flame war, based on FALSE accusations-- to KNOCK it off.

The only thing that can possibly result is having someone who is able to assist in ways that the majority can NOT, leave this forum. That doesn't help those who are seeking help.
I recommend this: http://www.leejackson.com/MrSpringgy_pedal.html
not advertising, just listen to the clip. 10x better than the Holy Grail

edit: it's $200. A touch pricey... but it is very nice sounding.
Last edited by oggiedoggy at Feb 11, 2009,
Instead of pics, a link to some pedals that you consider better would be more helpful, or links with the pics.

I don't care if people post pics, I don't really look at them, just kind of glance and move on. Only issues are when people post pics every post or quote posts with them repeatedly.

Anyway, carry on. It's a decent reverb pedal in that price range
Congratulations on spamming this thread to a new level.

TS, the Holy Grail is fine, it's good for the money, I've had no problems with it and love it. There are better pedals out there, but you can say that pretty much no matter what you're looking at.

What other ones have to looked at, if any?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by oggiedoggy
I recommend this: http://www.leejackson.com/MrSpringgy_pedal.html
not advertising, just listen to the clip. 10x better than the Holy Grail

Agree way better. I think it's cool to get great stuff for cheap, and wonder why guys act like they want the "Best" or upper level quality or featured gear, but snivel because for the MOST part, the BEST stuff has a premium price tag associated with them.

When I was starting, it was a given that I couldn't afford the KILLER stuff, and would have to wait. There was no illusion as to being able to get there via an alternate route that would be the real deal, for $100.

Quote by jambi_mantra
Congratulations on spamming this thread to a new level.

Apparently MANY of you, don't know the definition of spam. Look it up
Quote by Horlicks
That and the fact that it just sounds plain bad.
Line 6 Verbzilla.

The truth has been spoken.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
the holy grail is annoying
it echoes way to much at the lowest possible settings on distortion, so it was only usable on cleans for me, but at the same time it had this little hiss in the background that was just irritating to me, so i recommend something else, not the holy grail
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
Quote by Bostonrocks

Pictures are pretty...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
HOly grails are a bit noise when turned up..but if u have a noise gate, no prob there
it sounds pretty good not sure if its GREAT
i refunded mine because i didnt have a noise gate at the time...and i never bother buying it back
This thread is worthless without picture, and op My holly grail is good but the holier grail is better.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33