so im starting to get more into soloing. right now i play rhythm in my band, but im looking to play some more lead. right now im working on learning sweep picking.

but i want to know, what are some easier solos that i can learn? i already know that ill learn the nothing else matters solo, so what others? i like to play mostly metal, old and new (sabbath to as i lay dying)
**GEAR**

Epiphone G-400 Tony Iommi Left Handed
Custom Epiphone Les Paul 100 Left Handed w/ EMG 81/85
Johnson Acoustic Left Handed
Line 6 Spider Valve 112 w/ FBV Pedal
BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
I like

Spin doctors - Two princes

Heavy ****/rock riff with some nice open note lead and pentatonic licks.

Upbeat fun.
The solo in Revolution Begins by Arch Enemt isnt too hard up until the shreddy end part. The solo in Bring Me The Horizon's song Alot Like Vegas is very simple, the whole song isnt too hard. The melodic solo in Master of Puppets isnt too hard, and is alot of fun too.
taking your user name in mind, i'll point you towards some easy A7X solos. Gunslinger, Tension, Warmness on the Soul, To End the Rapture(don't be afraid of the hammer ons and tapping), I wont see you tonight part 1, and the second half of the Almost Easy solo. if you wanna learn sweeps too, try the Seize the Day sweeps or the sweeps in the Beast and the Harlot chorus.
Welcome to the Jungle solo is easy, and so is Whole Lotta Love by Led Zep.
The first and 2nd solos in Sweet Child O Mine are easy. The first half of the 3rd solo is easy too. The 2nd half of the solo is kicking my ass right now.
"Ain't talkin bout love" and "Barracuda" come to mind.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Uh, dunno if this is up your alley, but why not the three solos to Don't Fear the Reaper? Last one is bad ass sounding. Might as well learn the whole song while you're at it - it's not hard.
runnin with the devil, any song on black album
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
Quote by randomhero93
taking your user name in mind, i'll point you towards some easy A7X solos. Gunslinger, Tension, Warmness on the Soul, To End the Rapture(don't be afraid of the hammer ons and tapping), I wont see you tonight part 1, and the second half of the Almost Easy solo. if you wanna learn sweeps too, try the Seize the Day sweeps or the sweeps in the Beast and the Harlot chorus.

ill have to try them out. i think i tried gunslinger back in the day. but i have been playing more of their stuff since ive started getting better.

and i will also look into everything else mentioned. thanks,
**GEAR**

Epiphone G-400 Tony Iommi Left Handed
Custom Epiphone Les Paul 100 Left Handed w/ EMG 81/85
Johnson Acoustic Left Handed
Line 6 Spider Valve 112 w/ FBV Pedal
BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
Quote by StraitsSantana
Maybe the intro solo to Metallica one?
Theres a small sweeping pert I believe, and its quite a good solo to learn.
Others could be...
Black Sabbath "Black Sabbath" or "Paranoid"
Perhaps Crazy train my Ozzy and Rhodes
or try some easy Satch tunes as they contain some good licks and techniques to learn

The intro part isn't sweeped, its raked.