Basically, i like to practise singing by plugging a **** mic into a guitar amp, its not perfect but its practical and gives me a rough idea about what my voice sounds like live.

However when i record me singing through the amp and into a recorder (a boss br600), my voice sounds different.

Whats a better indication of my 'true' voice? Through the amp and straight to my ears, or recording and then i listen to it.
Imo it sounds better through the amp (live).
There's riddles in the shadows
They're thrown the way that i'd expect
And people never seem to know
What they least suspect is coming next
I would say live

also if you want a good live microphone that's not too pricey I recommend a shure sm58.. the thing is a tank and extremely reliable as well as great sounding.
It's extremely rare to hear what you sing as you sing it. Your voice sounds different on the outside.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by BlackandSilver
It's extremely rare to hear what you sing as you sing it. Your voice sounds different on the outside.

yup pretty much
Quote by BlackandSilver

But by having my voice come out through an amp i am hearing it from the outside.

Thanks to the guy who suggested the shure, apparently its one of the most used mics as well.
There's riddles in the shadows
They're thrown the way that i'd expect
And people never seem to know
What they least suspect is coming next
the 58 is probably the best live vocal mic you can get if you're not ridiculously loaded.
i used to go through a guitar amp before my band got a PA
maybe you should equalize the amp so you can get it to match your true voice as much as possible, or maybe just go straight to the recorder

Do what your heart tells you to do, young son.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Nope. Get a sound interface for your computer [Tascam at Guitar Centre is good], plug your mic in it. Record straight through your sound card, remove all effects and instrumental tracks you have. Just clean and clear vocals. And then play it back through decent speakers. Now, you should be able to tell. If you can't, then you're definitely not a vocalist.
Hope this helps.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.